The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Thought this was good:)
I’m getting less attached to the club.

Phase 1 : Teenager - defending United players, manager, staffs on goal.com like an idiot
Phase 2 : Adult - defending the club, couldn’t give two shits about the players and staff as I see them as temporary and their attitude makes it hard to like them sometimes
Phase 3 : Boomer Adult - indifferent when we’re shit even when the opposing fans are mocking us (because we are) but happy when United won or played well

I’m in phase 3 right now. I’m expecting to be in phase 4 by 2030, grandad phase… constantly talking about “back in my days Sir Alex Ferguson… back in my days Evra played through injury… back in my days we had Howard Webb … on 2021 Ronaldo came home after refusing to drink Coca-Cola”.

2 Likes

It existed for our league title wait.

:joy:

2 Likes

“aLEx FeRGuSoN dAyz”

Though seriously we had a very period of mostly shit football and we supported them through thick and thin.

They should grow up football isn’t all about success

2 Likes

When he said ‘sit down haters’ after Fernandes scored, Irony’s eyeballs exploded.

1 Like

Even better is

That No. 1 :rofl:

4 Likes

Diego Simeone hey??

lol

1 Like

tumblr_ma7l7qsgZ41rrhz69540

1 Like

Well we know who are in his envelopes?

1 Like

Most expensive defender in the world.FFS have soms respect Ralf

1 Like

I don’t get why Varane is rated so highly. Just because he played for RM in a mostly 2 team league doesn’t make him a great defender. He’s decent when paired along with better defenders alongside him but there’s little about him which says he’s a leader of a defensive unit

2 Likes

His CV is excellent, however, it is also a great lesson in considering the context of said CV.

And let’s be honest…any CB would struggle when playing with that midfield…

It begs a really interesting question actually…which is shitter…their midfield or their backline??

1 Like

How much are they paying Rangnick? Anyone on here could have told them that stuff over 12months for far less.

But I doubt we would have the motivation to do that.

1 Like

The backline i reckon. Their midfield is often compromised by having to play the likes of Bruno etc who do shit defensively. Also , A DM would help them easily and it’s something easier to fix.

But their backline has Maguire , Wan Bissaka and Luke Shaw , that’s fucking shambles.

2 Likes

And just relieved Conte dodged the United bullet. He would have been the ideal low block , pack the defence , hit on the counterattack manager that would probably make the best use of United’s resources…

The United fanboys can claim that it is not the united way , but counterattacking football is what Fergy’s sides did for the major part.

1 Like

McRangnick & Co.

1 Like

They have problems all over, but it makes sense to start with the defence as the base of the team and the midfield issues are known, and may resolve themselves as Pogba most likely leaves in the summer. If Ronaldo gets a move away, Utd can get the balance they need.

1 Like

4 Likes

Can’t laugh, he is right

3 Likes

Can’t argue with Lord Voldemort (post resurrection)

2 Likes

one more laugh coming from Pogba

Paul Pogba: Manchester United midfielder wants to join Real Madrid in summer - Paper Talk | Transfer Centre News | Sky Sports

Why would RM even touch him ? They are stacked with midfield options