The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Hopefully they will ignore Ralf and keep that £150m (?) trio.

Perhaps not stacked, but question is now would a new one make sense if his name is Paul Pogba.

Holding midfield: Casemiro and nobody else (Kroos can play deeper though it’s not his best role and they can flip to a double-six).
Two #8’s: Modric, Kroos, Valverde and Camavinga.

You never know with Real, but perhaps there is not that much interest in Pogba as he maybe hoped there would be. Would Juve go back for him? Maybe it’s exactly a PSG type of signing.

2 Likes

there is still Isco in the mix as well who can slot to a #8.

The only area where they probably require backup is #6 as you said. And that’s a position Pogba won’t play at.

Isco is more of a #10, sometimes perhaps played the very high #8, but that probably didn’t look good. He’s off in the summer anyway, contract will run out.

1 Like

Gonna laugh myself silly when they get stung by the Bees tonight.

2 Likes

I will be buzzing…

1 Like

FFS, I’m almost starting to feel sorry for him now.

2 Likes
2 Likes

That’s actually quite sad.

3 Likes

Rashford and Greenwood scored. Wait for the wankfest by English media but will they also mention that they scored just 4 goals between them since October?

4 Likes

David De Gea has now made more PL saves this season than Ederson, Alisson & Kepa combined.
Shows how shit the team is.

2 Likes

Rashford didn’t score.

My apologies, ignore me. Rashford scored the third, I switched off at 2-0, didn’t even know it finished 3-1.

Me too, Goldbridge ain’t fun when they win.

3 Likes

What position exactly is Pogba.

He doesnt seem to want to be a #6. Possibly too yellow card prone to be any good there and doesn’t track back enough

Doesnt track back enough to be a box to box #8.

Might suit as a #10 but there are better options than him for nearly every side there and there’s no place for a conventional #10 right now in most sides.

1 Like

On Caf it seems to be dawning on them that Ol’ Ronnie, who is clearly on the decline, might be becoming a problem.

I actually kind of hope they get fourth now. He thinks he can play for another four or five years, but no way he stays if they end up in the EL/EC.

Depends. Normally, you want him to have a bit of freedom and not fixed to a position. So probably a #8 in a midfield 3 would be best for him on paper (then it depends in which team, under which manager, surrounded by which players, etc.). He played actually quite well a lot of times for France (quite conservative/pragmatic under Deschamps) in the double pivot alongside Kante.

2 Likes

I’ve always thought that Pogba is like a wedding photographer. Occasional bright flashes of brilliance but mainly a pain in the arse who bosses people about for no particular reason and generally gets in the way.

3 Likes

Sooner or later Man Utd are going to realize that Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho can play. I was happy with them getting Ronaldo as even though he will score goals, he’s on the wane and his presence hinders a new thing from emerging. Completely the wrong signing from a football perspective, but the right signing for a PR boost, which points to the problems they have had with regard to who is running the show and what do they want to be.

Hopefully they’ll realise that when those 3 are scoring against them…

1 Like