The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Notably though, in a lot of those games they’d pick players like Sissoko or Matuidi in the attacking role who were required really to play more like midfielders to plug the gaps Pogba would leave.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s how they found balance. Someone like Mbappe on one side, Matuidi on the opposite. So it was basically 3 CM’s in a compact (but also asymmetrical) 4-4-2 with Griezmann between the lines as a second stiker.

2 Likes

Also helps that the countries don’t play each other often enough for them to form plans against each other the way the clubs do.

think we can write off rashford now almost. Such a shame though. Potentially great footballer destroyed by overplaying and horrible coaching.

“They’re bloody analysing my round-neck sweaters on The Anfield Noise!”

1 Like

I see a bigger tit in the top one

1 Like
3 Likes

Ironically I was thinking after Jota finished the second what Klopp does for players

3 Likes

No thanks. Not for me.

Apart from the oil clubs, and despite 10 years of crap, they are a super rich club and generate a lot of revenue. The more they miss out on the CL, the more they’ll have to spend big on transfers and wages - and the more they’ll end up in the Ronaldo/Alexis Sanchez type of trap.

7 Likes

When he’s right, he’s right.

And on this occasion, he’s right.

2 Likes

Fair enough.

Either way…they’re a bit shit and will be for a while.

1 Like

If they get fourth it will be the greatest achievement ever in football… The plucky underdog Man Utd with a netspend of millions achieving 4th.

It’s what the talking heads meant when they said they would challenge for the highest honours.

3 Likes

No lies detected.

I saw a large chunk of idiots on the old cafe suggesting Ralf should play Phil Jones or AWB at DM……… they’re all f^*king broken… it’s glorious

2 Likes

Lindlhof’s house was broken into, while Utd were playing Brentford, his wife had to hide in a room with the children. That must have been really terrifying for them. The fucking scum who did this should be shot.

4 Likes

Just standard United fans.

This happened to a friend of mine here in the states. No kids involved thankfully, but while he was at work and his wife was home, two guys broke in to steal his guitars. She was in the bedroom, one of the cunts peered in an said “ma’am…”. Fleeced three of his guitars and left.

Yep, putting club rivalies aside, you feel for him and his family after going through shit like this.

There were a spate of our players years ago that would get targeted, and it seems other clubs have now become the choice for these scumbags

4 Likes

Very worrying trend. Hope people/authorities take action before someone gets hurt.

1 Like

They need to put the security of the footballers house’s with the local lads that run a security firm… pay them really well to keep them on-board and they will put a stop to these house invasions over night…
No one should ever go through an episode like that

3 Likes