The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

There needs to be a rule brought in that dictates when a trainer has to run on the pitch to treat a player who goes down… he runs on with a stretcher on wheels… bundle the player on and wheel it over the by-line so the game can continue without too much disruption… Too much gamesmanship going on these days

2 Likes

Need I add more?

3 Likes

It’s a difficult societal problem. The people who rob houses should absolutely be punished to the full extent of the law. I hope it is not reduced to a simple insurance number for the claim, provided by the police, but that there is a proper effort to catch them and see justice done.

But often it is done by people with addiction issues, or possibly just good old fashioned envy, given the vast income inequality. Footballers are high profile, rich, and they tend to have lots of easy pickings in terms of watches, jewelery and so on.

The answer has to be a wider societal answer. I don’t like the sound of footballers having private security.

1 Like

That actually is the rule. Its this rule that explains why when the trainer comes on the player has to go off before the game can restart. The refs seemingly decided 20 years ago hey cant dictate how the trainers act when the get on the pitch so only focus on the consequence of the rule (making the player leave the pitch) rather the intent of it (not allowing gamesmanship to stop the flow of the game.

2 Likes

That’s why it needs another looking at… Obviously not every injury can be man-handled onto the trolley but the guys that roll back onto the pitch just to stop the game need a closer looking at though… Its frustrating, as Jurgen plays by the rules and would not allow this type of shithousery to take place, yet the Dyches of this world and many more abuse the system in place.!

2 Likes

If you are outmatched, generally speaking you want to play as few minutes as possible of the 90, so you will waste time. One key way that shows itself is the messing about with injuries. Definitely needs to be looked at.

2 Likes

Is Cavanni off?

EDIT: Nope :frowning:

1 Like

Jammy bastards… No matter how disjointed and dysfunctional they are, they always somehow manage to snatch a goal out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Local lad here with a drug problem was doing similar all be it at a far less harmful level but still distressing.

He’d basically walk in a ask for a fiver or some food. Bit like a stray cat. Overstepped the mark on one occasion and is now locked up.

1 Like

Commentary said that “Under Ralf, progress continues!” :rofl:

1 Like

Hardly always Nik, they’ve won 11 out of 22 Premier League games :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They still do my head in! Only seven points behind us (having played a game more but still…)! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Aren’t we the kings of last minute winners in PL history (stupid to separate that from previous history) and not them?

:sunglasses:

1 Like

They are, by a fair distance, worse than us. Unfortunately they will probably finish fourth and keep on trucking. As soon as they get a manager who is good, who they will back for a stretch, they will look to challenge for the title. They have too many players and too much money not to. Sadly.

Mind you, fourth is not a foregone conclusion. Spurs have a good shout at that, and Arsenal and West Ham might be there or thereabouts.

1 Like

Not offside as he isn’t a liverpool player

1 Like

I think his hand is offside, but rest is in line. You can’t score with your hand, so that shouldn’t count when judging offside calls.

2 Likes

If you measure from the pitch lines then it’s not even close to offsides.

2 Likes

Might sound weird but with the advent of VAR lines, I wonder if some random caoch somewhere has toyed with the idea of not just coaching an offside line but also body position and stance in the line. The West Ham defender in that current body position has made the offside line at least a yard wide. Not the first time I’ve seen a defenders trailing leg or outstretched foot be the deciding factor between being on or being offside either.

With the speed of the game probably a little much to ask but I’d be mentioning on the training ground at the very least.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if we’ve done this ourselves personally, I noticed the season that we won the league that we had a lot of offside decisions when defending go our way when VAR had to check. Or maybe I’m just misremembering.

1 Like