The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

It true he is finished.

1 Like

Even if he gets off on a technicality etc etc , his football career is most likely done.

No club in England’s first two divisions would keep him or take him on.

Greenwood is 20. Joined the club at the age of 6 or 7.

Took them less than 2 hours to get her social media channels closed.

That’s not what the lawyers of an 20 year old do. That’s the lawyers of the club trying to protect their assets.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they are able to whitewash his name.

I was once a bit jealous a talent like Greenwood had come up through United’s academy rather than ours… all I can say now is bullet dodged.

Odious young man, and he’ll end up doing jail time for this, as he should. Hopefully his playing career is over, and for a young player of 20 with the world at his feet, I hope he reflects on that in prison.

I’ve been reading a fair bit this morning on Reddit and Redcafe, and among the shock and disgust there are a few suggestions that people had been suspicious of him for some time. Whether it was the way he acted, isn’t close to anyone in the squad, it seems a fair few people knew something was up. And it’s probably telling that, before Mendy was named, when rumours were circulating that a Manchester-based player had been arrested for rape, Greenwood’s name apparently started trending on social media.

You have to commend the bravery of his girlfriend to shine a light on his abuse that can’t be ignored now, and hopefully she is both believed and receives the support she’ll need.

6 Likes

Heartbreaking. Harriet Robson had a lot of bravery to come forward about this. I hope she gets the support she needs.

It’s easy for this to become a tribal matter, especially on something like Twitter, but really this is about more than that. The majority of sexual assaults go unreported and those that are reported have an extremely low conviction rate - somewhere around 10% - with allegations often being incredibly hard to prove. Our society still has a major problem with violence towards women.

Off the top of my head we have had Mendy, Greenwood and Bissouma all accused of assaulting women this season. There’s probably more that I’m forgetting and the scarier part is there are probably more that will never be reported.

5 Likes

This could be the police asking her to take it down as well. If it’s an ongoing case , this counts as media-influencing. Either way, the damage is done. Anything his lawyers do right now is basically mitigation.

There’s no way his position at Man Utd is tenable. The only question is whether the club knew of Greenwood’s actions (Which as per the photos and videos dated back to even 2020) and kept quiet.

2 Likes

I did remember this happening.

1 Like

On that front , Liverpool were noted as having an interest in Bissouma but those links went quiet when he was accused of assault.

Checked to see Redcafe for the United Fan reactions. Glad to see that most if not all are disgusted by Greenwood’s actions , as it should be.

2 Likes

Sadly, no matter what happens with any investigation/trial, he will walk out of this with a contract either with Utd or another club if Utd decide to cut ties with him

This is an industry that could not wait to get a new contract in front of the likes of Chez Evens, Marcus Alonso, Benzima (multiple issues of seperate nature) and god knows how many other players that have used their money and fame to bury legal problems

4 Likes

They might have to sign a player pronto.

Haha we just did.

Yeah, I’d say 99.9% of the posts I’ve read today want him either sacked or suspended immediately, certainly never to represent their club again.

2 Likes

When did they loan Diallo out to Rangers? They once paid more tha £20m for him. :joy:

Likewise, I was extremely jealous of them having Greenwood (their academy seems to be churning out very decent players on a yearly basis). I haven’t dared to click on the content that this girl posted but if it’s true, I hope this cunt rots in prison. I’d say it even if he was a Liverpool player - people need to understand that rape is as serious crime as murder. That said, she’s one girl up against a financial behemoth, I genuinely feel for her. I can only imagine the amount of pressure she’ll have to withstand.

8 Likes

In fairness Diallo is a fantastic player. Every time I’ve seen him play in the U23s league he’s been head and shoulders above everyone else. Not sure why Rangers of all clubs was the choice for him to go on loan but he scored 5 minutes into his debut for them.

He should be playing in the Premier League though.

2 Likes

Because instead of giving him or Elanga a chance they spunked all their money on a ‘generational’ talent and left big holes elsewhere in their side.

No chance.

Clubs will be cueing up to sign him if they get half the opportunity, even with this hanging over his head. Chez Evens was welcomed back to Sheffield Utd after he got out of prison for rape (had the contract cancelled after fan protest, buth still had other clubs willing to get him signed up). Marcos Alonso killed someone, but has had no problem getting multiple contracts out of Chelsea and has had a number of clubs trying to buy him.

1 Like

Poor brave girl.

1 Like

Lol…wasn’t Ole defended partially on the basis that he played the kids…

1 Like

There’s a dude in the Caf’s now closed player performance thread banging on about BDSM.

It is quite fucked up.

Thank fuck most people are not idiots, as you’ve seen.

4 Likes