The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Yeah, I saw that. Seems like every community has its lunatic fringe.

1 Like

Every time there is a story on NME’s facebook posts about an abused woman it gets ridiculed by the majority of people who comment. All males of course. I can’t believe that, A. There are people who think like that, and B. They’re fine with publically stating it. The amount of cunts that we breathe the same air as is staggering.

2 Likes

The standard of music publication in this country has really gone to the shitter.

1 Like

This seems like the club withdrawing support.

That bottom tweet is really confusing.

Anyway, if the allegations are true, I hope he gets the right punishment for something as heinous as that.

If the allegations are false, I’d be very disappointed because (a) it makes people less likely to believe other allegations, and (b) his name gets dragged through the mud for nothing.

One nice perspective. If this is true , then all the more kudos to her for taking this step.

10 Likes

Just heard the audio and it really is shocking. How on earth does someone assume they have the right to treat their partner that way ? I hope he goes to prison for it.

1 Like

I think if I was her father or brother, I’d pay the lad a visit and give him some ‘advice’.

7 Likes

I think at this point it’s not needed anymore, surely?

1 Like

Lee Bowyer?

What an absolute cunt. That said, I’d be amazed if the club didn’t already have some idea about him being this way. Saw something on the caf about him being left out of international trips, possibly over concerns about his behavior.

This poor girl is going to get absolutely slated from all sides here. There are no winners in this case unfortunately. We are a society of victim blaming and idolizing of football players and clubs. You just know that a load of fucking dickheads are going to give her hell on social media and I’m real life over this. Just an awful situation for her all around, but I’m glad she’s come forward with the evidence she did, ensuring that this can’t get swept under the rug.

11 Likes

I hope she’s got people looking after her. Others have already mentioned the Ched Evans case. I happen to be from his home town and can tell you the campaign waged against the girl in that case was vicious. Good on her for what she did but she needs to be very careful now.

2 Likes

It increasingly seems that Manchester United had prior intimation of his actions and did suppress it.

There’s every chance that Ole knew about this. He has prior form for this anyway with him continuing to play a player accused of rape and the agent , ole’s business partner , got the player out of the country before getting arrested.

It wouldn’t surprise me that the club and country heirarchy knew of his behavioural issues and tried to restrict him from international tours (probably to save him from getting found out by the media).

2 Likes
3 Likes

Twitter, cesspit

Flex can you please put out a tweet or something telling everyone to send mason a heart​:heart: or a kind message, because this is too much, all the positivity and love for him is being clouded by this bs, and I know that it may be small but atleast it’s something.:raised_hands: #Welovemason

Jesus fucking Christ.

1 Like

I have a couple of United supporting Facebook friends.
One seemed happy to post up a club like statement as if he worked for United, he doesn’t. He’s a bit odd like that. The other basically intimated he knew something along these lines was going on a year ago. That seems to tie in with posts above suggesting something was wrong when the Mendy story broke.

Both good lads by the way.

The thing that horrifies me most I think, is that she may have been going through this for years and I’d guess it’s been escalating.

3 Likes

I really hope we continue signing players who fit the club ethos and are decent human beings first before being a outstanding talent or anything. While you can still never be sure but the foundations of the club, the senior players, the manager, everything matters to ensure you have the right players and who could be such huge influence on the young players as well.

7 Likes

Likely the police told her to get it all deleted.

It’s a police matter so putting it on social media does her no good. But it has ruined his reputation with is fully deserved (if its all true, subject to court case etc)

It’s a failure of United not to pick up on his behaviours and stamp it out before it escalated to the worst, especially when they had the Iceland drama with Foden.

Give teenagers massive money, let them buy super cars, girls throw themselves at them and then this happens.

1 Like

You don’t just suddenly turn into a beast though ,that’s already there . They just believe that their wealth and status now affords them impunity from the laws that bind the rest of us.

4 Likes