The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Which, while probably true, is basically irrelevant. The CPS drops the vast majority of sexual assault cases, and struggles to get convictions in the majority of cases that it does prosecute - and that is not against the best legal help that money can buy. No woman can rely on British justice in a case like this…so she didn’t.

8 Likes

It has to be said that all of these allegations could have been staged.

Pretty sure they’re not but anybody with a mobile could have created this reasonably quickly.

Just because photos and audio exist, doesn’t mean he’s guilty.

Wash my fucking mouth out with bleach.

1 Like

Would take a level of technical prowess rarely seen to create that audio.

1 Like

Unlikely to have been the SM platforms as if you do a image search for her name or “greenwood girlfriend” those are the pics that come up.

1 Like

Lady and a gent? Simple script really. Now if voice recognition can be used he’s fucked and he should be. BUT it’s possible (and I’ve seen more convincing) to generate shit like this for a big payout.

Was Ole not accused of “protecting” a player repeatedly from sexual abuse claims? While in Norway. I only bring it up as he was managing Greenwood for several years. It’s difficult to believe that someone characters can be hidden for that long without serious suspicions.

Edit: seen someone mention this above.

2 Likes

I hope they get him. Another waster to add to their ranks.

1 Like

Looks like he’s been arrested and is in custody. All the major news outlets starting to report it now.

4 Likes

My take on the social media assault (accused) is that in these types of cases, this is the best and swiftest “justice” that a victim could hope for, anything that happens beyond this is a “justice” bonus for the victim.

You can look at it from the pov of the Cosby situation, a financially powerful and influential person, went over a decade(?) without any type of justice. Epstein, how many years before justice?

On the flip side, if you going down this route, make sure the accused doesn’t have media proof that it went both ways, like Depp/Heard rabbit hole. If you know you a victim then you obviously don’t need to worry about that. In other words, don’t try game the system. Hard to see that it could be the case in this particular case.

Wow, just saw the post above. Escalated quickly. IMO purely due to her post.

Logged on today, saw this thread had 100+ new posts and thought the fuckers had hijacked the Diaz transfer.

Damn, that really puts a dark spin on all those ‘Road to…’ movies he made with Bob Hope back in the day…

1 Like

Was speaking to a friend last night who was crying when drunk explain how she had been raped a few years back. Waking up to this story has really upset me. As a man I never really felt much towards rape to be honest as it didn’t effect me luckily. But think I’m feeling the feelings now of being mentally effected by the impacts of such crimes. Sad day really. What a cunt that Mason is, the bully, whilst a bitch on the football pitch against men, but the ‘big man’ towards a scared girl (a child really). Hope the book is thrown at him. Seeing this way too much in football and society these days.

5 Likes

@Kopstar presume instant sacking if this is proven true? Presume there’s a clause in contract about bringing one’s self and the club into disrepute?

Im somewhat surprised by the speed and clarity of Ut’d actions here. To make a second statement, with clarity of their position, so soon after their first (talking about assessing the situation) speaks to bang to rights he is. Part of me is happy with that, but part of me is unnerved by it because it indicates a likely unambiguous indication of his guilt meaning the evidence is likely quite grim.

2 Likes

Oh yes. Summary dismissal and Utd could also pursue a hefty damages claim. Probably wouldn’t but it would be open to them, just like with Chelsea and Mutu.

2 Likes

Or, as has been speculated elsewhere, they’d had previous knowledge or heard some murmurings of some questionable behaviour of his.

1 Like

Absolutely fucking abhorrent.

Would be saying the same if it was a Liverpool player. Saw the transcripts of the videos. Hope the poor girl gets justice for what has happened to her.

Although if the Dembele panic is true, that’s funny

4 Likes

Just to change tack from the latest horror show…

Some peanut in the Caf’s Diaz thread is using the signing to argue that JK will have ‘nowhere to hide’ if we don’t win a trophy this year.

A Dortmund fan gave him a swift ol’ kick in the nuts…

Hide from who? He has the safest job in football, that is what happens when you win a CL and league despite having to compete with sportswashers and far richer teams.

Just as well he is at Liverpool, as things would be far duller in the PL without him.

Maybe turn your energy to why other teams don’t win enough, when you have the likes of Man City cheating their way with dodgy sponsorships and an open cheque-book, it makes it a lot harder for other teams who work the right way.

Tell you who doesn’t have excuses or a hiding place though - teams like Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs, it’s they who need to get their acts together, all spend heavily yet are nowhere near competitive enough.

:grimacing:

:rofl:

Cop that, dickhead.

18 Likes

Hope he is suspended without pay… Otherwise

Yeah, not a lot of time taken for ‘fact-finding’, which strongly suggests that this is simply a scenario they had already feared and are now trying to put as much distance between him and the club as quickly as they possibly can. When your club is really nothing more than a memory and a brand now, brand management is critical.

5 Likes