The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Threats to kill. Boy is done.

1 Like

Threats to kill and further serial assault charges on top of the rape and assault charges.

On the snippet of the 15 min audio that was leaked the initial 2 charges seemed clear. Can’t imagine how much worse that gets or what she’s going through/been through.

2 Likes

Was that in the audio? Or maybe something that has been discovered during the investigation?

1 Like

Looks like Redcafe has deleted its Greenwood discussion thread, and locked anything else that pertains to him, unless I’m missing something?

Hm… there was a bit where he says something like, ‘don’t push me, you know what happens if you do’, which could arguably be construed as a threat to kill, but that seems like a little bit of a stretch (definitely a threat of violence though). Which to me suggests maybe more stuff came to light when people interviewed the victim.

2 Likes

Just a reminder…

2 Likes

There was a 15 min audio clip. Only a minute and half/2 mins were leaked. Not gonna post it here because legal proceedings and evidence and rules around that.

From those two mins though it was implied(inferred?), by Greenwood’s own comments and the fact this was a regular enough occurance for her to know she could/should record it, that he had assaulted her and raped her before and would do so again. The first 11 mins and last 2 mins of audio were not leaked. Can only guess at how grim it was and what vile things he did/said to get the additional charges of sexual assault and threats to kill added to his existing assault and rape charges

Going to guess that they’ve seized phone records and gone through text messages and other conversations during their questioning. “Threats to kill” would need a to be a concrete “I’m going to kill you” type language in order for them to confidently bring that charge. this whole thing is absolutely horrible, and that poor girl must have been going through hell for a long time. I’m not trying to be vindictive or reactionary, but if these allegations are substantiated by evidence, they need to throw the book at him. Would feel the same way if he was a Liverpool player/academy product.

1 Like

Yeah I presume detectives have gone through all texts ever made between them and have found such. He made a threat in the audio but not sure if it was a killing threat. I’d say this charge is related to newly found info. Glad to hear it the case is getting stronger which means more chance of justice. Also I would think RedCafe are deleting to stop chances of repercussions on the site as some of the comments were mental.

2 Likes

I think the caf are making the correct decision. They don’t want to risk contempt of court issues, and several posters were falling back on tired, shitty takes that were victim blaming/shaming, and trying to rationalize the contents of the photos and audio, causing a lot of uproar among the 95% of posters who feel that Greenwood is a cunt and should be kicked out of the club immediately with prejudice.

And I wanna touch on that for a bit. Generally, I’m all for waiting for all of the facts to come out when there are accusations or allegations like this, because most of the time, accusations are made in lieu of evidence being made available to the public, etc. With this, the evidence was front and center, and even if you’re the kind of cunt that thinks “anyone could fake those photos”, you can’t deny what’s going on on the audio there. Taking the “they could have been roleplaying” tack doesn’t wash with me either, because he has previous for shitty behavior, to the point where he can’t get an England call-up because he’s too much of a risk. If it WAS roleplaying (and even if that was the case, it would be utterly toxic and deeply concerning behavior), then it’s unlikely that he would have been further arrested on additional charges. The lad is in big trouble for this, and the best hope would be that he is brought to justice, realized his crimes and apologizes and seeks to be rehabilitated and works to ensure that this doesn’t happen to other women in the future.

3 Likes

Agreed. RedCafe are a fan site, don’t deserve to have to deal with the nonsense going on around. Can’t imagine they have the resources to deal with legal hassle either. Just delete anything to do with Greenwood really. There’s plenty of other places people can discuss it but sites have to look after themselves first.

Yeah the role play is just nonsense. Both deserve Oscar’s if that’s roleplay. Looking at all the sexual videos greenwood has been in (not that type of sexual obviously but doing weird shit) he looks to be obsessed with it. I do think this is known about in the football world for a year or two though with the meetings with ole and Southgate over him and England and him getting arrested a few years back.

3 Likes

The “you want daddy’s d**k” (something along those lines) video that I just saw recently was from 2 years ago. It would have been major red flag for me to hear that from a footballer that is actually stupid enough to post that. Man U players seem to be regulars for posting shit like that.

EDIT: it might have been gf posting that one, regardless, red flag.

1 Like

He also was in one humping his United teammate. I get like lads being lads and taking the piss with teammates but he has a lot of sexual type videos leaked around for a young player. I’m most likely stretching here and looking for red flags and the real ones are most likely behind closed doors rather than leaked videos but does paint the picture of a sexually minded man who as he grew up and the urges grow more naturally mixed with fame times 100 as he broke through and usually being able to get any girl he wants. To be denied……he cannot handle.

Think United do have to be investigated though. The Snapchat’s of her bruising were from 2020 and with the England issues and him being dropped for United over disciplinary and also her going to the police a few years back over him. They definitely had an ‘inkling’ of this behaviour. Obviously not rape and the threats but he should been more looked at by United. Also with them inviting Giggs to games after his behaviour and Nicky Butt working for them they should be sanctioned imo.

3 Likes

I dont care how good the player was or what they have to offer, I would not have a man with a history of abuse anywhere near kids in my club. They are subjected to so many things that will pervert even a kid with a good heart who was raised right, that putting a role model in front of them who has had their own abusive behavior excused and tolerated is a recipe for creating shit people.

For me, one of the things I like best about the Klopp era is the no dickhead policy.

18 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with being “sexually minded”. There are many things wrong with not understanding consent, and boundaries of abusive behaviour. That’s the real issue here. People’s sexual preferences and appetites are not for shaming. What’s next, it’s her fault for being “sexually minded”…?

1 Like

I think it’s more than sexually minded him being in 3 videos for such acts before this event. Don’t even try make me look to blame her with ur last line. Seems more obsession ignoring the camera on 3 occasions before this event. Lad is not normal. If my girlfriend was recording me I would not be referring to daddy’s dick or anything. Sexually minded is probably the wrong word but obsessed or addicted might be better

1 Like

Okay, I phrased it wrong, I’m guessing. I’m not suggesting that you’re blaming her, but what I’m saying is that people’s kinks or sexual interests are not relevant, nor whether they are obsessed with sex. One can be obsessed with sex and engage in what people would describe as far too much sex, or an addiction, but still do it in an ethical and indeed legal way.

3 Likes

I can only wonder WTF is going on these days with young men, where is the mentorship from the managers, coaches, and older players to guide these impressionable young millionaires through their developing years into adulthood.

Fuck sakes, I don’t understand…

1 Like