The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Hahaha…I guess not.

Leads me to wonder why a lot of them do it then…chasing them sweet YT dollars, I suppose.

It’s an interesting thought exercise…

Maybe they would have been able to get those reaults without him because they’d be a better team, rather than a troupe of self-absorbed, lazy clowns.

2 Likes

An actual conversation in response to the question, ‘Who thought Utd would be challenging for the league this year?’

Me :nervous:

In fact I blew £20 on Utd @ 6/1 :lol:

I blew fifty and that was before we signed Ronaldo. Was walking round all summer telling people that we have the best defence in the league. Proper muppets.

Fecking Paddy Power are offering me 0.15p cash out :lol:

6 Likes

For all the criticism of Ronaldo and his ‘brand’ I have to say the marketing worked. He’s a 36 year old faded former superstar who barely runs, can’t really score and disrupts the dressing room all while being one of the highest paid footballers in the world. He’s fucking nailed it.

8 Likes

Give it a few more years and they’ll no doubt be looking towards Accrington for their rivalry

2 Likes

Ronaldo wanted top 3 and a trophy?

Good luck with your next club this summer. :joy:

4 Likes

The problem for them is that you can’t get to where we are from where they are now. You can’t build a sensible, balanced and cost effective squad while paying kids 300k a week, and trying to build the side around carthorses like Maguire, and ageing showponies like Ronaldo.

They sort of need to start from scratch. It’s not just about playing the market better. They can’t really do that anyway, as what they have to pay is largely a function of what they have a track record for paying and continue to pay.

It starts with culture and strategy. At the very top level - something FSG don’t get nearly enough credit for. I don’t think this is happening under the Glazers.

8 Likes

As the Bolton manager said yesterday after their game was suspended…

"Just because we are sportsmen and professional people and we work for opposition football clubs, it does not give you a right to say and do what you want to us.

“We are human beings and we deserve to be treated like human beings”.

I couldn’t agree more…

2 Likes

Doing what we have over the last few years against uber oil money is nothing short of staggering. Our club is absolutely the paragon of a business led club that succeeds. The FSG out brigade really have zero idea of the oblivion in which we could be. Look down the M62 guys, look at what a massive club run badly actually looks like. Yes Klopp but then they appointed him. More to the point, they persuaded and convinced him.

2 Likes

Today, we put our rivalry aside in remembrance of the Munich tragedy.
Gone but not forgotten The Busby Babes. :broken_heart::pray::palms_up_together:

24 Likes

I am old enough to remember it happening although very young… I remember my parents being really upset especially as Matt Busby had been our captain. There wasn’t the bitter rivalry in those days of course … I would still like to think we could rise above that but I also witnessed our fans taunting them with all the hateful dambusters stuff :roll_eyes: back in the 70s & 80s.

7 Likes

I watched a very good documentary on this tragedy, it was very moving. I have so much respect for Sir Matt Busby. He was a father figure to many players.He was a good friend of Bill Shankly.

I still believe the older Man utd and Liverpool supporters have a respect for each other. They are quite similar in many ways, both clubs. Both sets fans have alot more in common than they like to admit maybe.

4 Likes

I just watch Goldbridge. I take my dog for a walk in the woods and listen to him rant and rave for an hour. It’s awesome.

2 Likes

I’ve wondered that, too. What club that has a legitimate shot of winning the CL would sign him? Real Madrid maybe? ManC? How does he fit into Guardiola’s philosophy if Aguero didn’t?

I think he’s doing more damage than good at ManU. He doesn’t comport to modern football tactics and his inclusion is hampering the development of the good attacking talent they have.

I predicted this 11 years ago. They were fucked from this point on…

Wayne Rooney has vowed to win back the trust of Manchester United’s fans after agreeing a new five-year contract only two days after stating unequivocally that he wanted to leave Old Trafford because he thought they were a club in decline.

Rooney has become the best-paid player in the club’s history by agreeing to a deal that doubles his wages to around £180,000 a week, after Sir Alex Ferguson talked him out of his apparent desire to join Manchester City.

5 Likes

leo omg GIF

The question I have is which will be the embarrassing loss they decide needs to be countered with the good PR of announcing Pogba’s new contract and the extension, and will they do it at the same time they announce the extension for Ronnie or will they save that announcement for another day?

3 Likes

You might even say that they need to publicly lose a few targets, and do so over being unwilling to meet the player’s demands, to recalibrate expectations. But they’ve lost out on so many targets in recent years that I dont know if it would have the same effect as us walking away from a Draxler or Texiera. People would just assume its just another case of them being inept and then next target will still engage with every intention of rinsing them.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Fergy also fell victim with being out of touch with the modern game. He felt the united academy products could paper over the cracks which were apparent.

His scouting system took a hit. As did his coaching when Queroz left.

3-1