The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The Mail are reporting that Utd’s treatment of Greenwood has caused a split in the dressing room with some players feeling the club has been bullied into this stand by the speed with which several senior players distanced themselves.

1 Like

I can see how some players might feel that the club doesn’t have their backs. But they’ve got to realize that the club can’t do anything else and will be crucified if they even attempted to even post something neutral.

1 Like

From the caf:

To be honest Liverpool are who we need to model ourselves off. Disgusting how well run FSG are making them.

3 Likes

What an interesting split that would be. The rapers and the rape-nots.

6 Likes

One does start to wonder how much worse this is going to get for them. A manager they don’t like, very serious accusations against one of their brightest stars, dreadful performances, ageing star players, dreadful signings and zero leadership.

Drama Popcorn GIF

1 Like

Thing with Man Utd is they may have bought Robbo for 8m but then he wouldn’t have developed.

Maybe Becker and VVD would have got their games but Man Utd had a decent looking forward line and then signed Ronaldo, you’ve got have an idea on how you will set up.

As for Pogba I’ve given up on what he actually brings or does.

2 Likes

Paul Pogba Soccer GIF

3 Likes

Surely he goes to Miami?

Right now he is out of reach for Miami with those wages. The salary cap is only about $5M, he would take the exempt slot, but that cap is on the basis of percentage of revenues. Even at 20% of his current wages, he’d still make as much as the rest of the side put together and ensure that wage expense was around 100% of revenues. He’ll take the Glazer money as long as he can, I don’t think the kind of clubs he wants are going to be interested any more.

7 Likes

Correct. I love it too, because he’ll get to experience the abject humiliation of playing for a bang average side in either the Europa League or maybe even the conference league. Once March hits, their fixtures get extremely tough and I can see them losing 5-6 more times before the season is through. Shit, maybe even more than that.

1 Like

I don’t think he has really begun to do the damage that he will end up doing.

6 Likes

Begin Season 1 GIF by Paramount+

1 Like

He wouldn’t have been played. The attitude would be like “how dare robbo plays ahead of luke shaw who we bought for a fortune and hence has to be better”

The whole concept of actually scouting and coaching a player is alien to them ever since LVG left.

2 Likes

Eh? LVG bought a load of overpriced shite. They weren’t scouting, and I can’t think of many players outside of Rashford who were “developed” under LVG.

1 Like

Martial , Herrera and Shaw under LVG were the main transfers which you could say clicked. He still had to move a bunch of players out from the Fergy/Moyes eras.

Had his share of bloopers so wouldn’t say it was scouting per se. But that was the last time i’ve seen Man Utd coached well even if the football was boring. They certainly weren’t well coached under JM era and Ole’s coaching is a joke.

I agree, they were well-drilled, but that drill was to just pass the ball sideways and never attack. They were shite under LVG, and a load of money was wasted on expensive flops - DI Maria, Schweinsteiger, Depay, Darmian, Schneiderlin, and I will include Shaw. Shaw has had a total of 1.5 good seasons for Man Utd, hardly a great return there.

Herrera was never a great player. Just a passion merchant who knew how to shithouse and moan a lot. Martial was good and showed a lot of promise, but had his career killed by Mou then Ole.

I remember when LVG came on board, my manc supporting brother in law felt he would be a great manager for them, and they’d need to be patient. After the first season, he said something about it being akin to the old “one-nil to the Arsenal” days, but he didn’t care so long as they won things. By the end of the second season he was ready to get rid, couldn’t stand the boring turgid shite, and was embarrassed by the money wasted on signings.

2 Likes

My bet is Newcastle.

Or does the Championship not count as a trophy?

1 Like

Rafa would say yes.

:joy:

2 Likes

Well City we’re claiming the quadruple with the community shield.

5 Likes

I just figured that he might do some kind of deal where he adds his brand to theirs in return for shares or something along those lines.

1 Like