The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I think that is a little harsh. Isn’t he a Chelsea fan?

I think Ralph knows he has some issues around communicating so hopes that Honigstein can help him in that regard. I dont see this as being a spin job…( they have that other Journalist for that dont they, or has he left?).

I dont know, but you dont get to take money directly from a party about whom you write and then expect to be viewed as objective when writing about them or their competitors afterwards.

To be fair, Im not sure how much of his stuff Ive read about has been about english football, probably mainly about a german view of the way German players and managers are doing. But his official association with Utd will now follow him forever.

2 Likes

Honigstein also wrote a Klopp biography in 2017. Think they are pretty close.

2 Likes

Oh sure, but still a big difference between monetizing access and being a paid mouth piece/media advisor

The thought of Rangnick being bemused by the terrible press that United are generating currently really fucking tickles me.

1 Like

Presumably Nike will also be reviewing its famous slogan.

2 Likes

Likely.

They canned their, ‘Nike. Come to Oregon and take heaps of drugs’ slogan when that Salazar shit landed.

Not very catchy.

At school the traditional shout at our rugby games always used to be “Rape and pillage, housey!”…

I imagine that’s been dropped in the 27 years since I left!

It comes to something when the best footwear slogan that comes to mind, is from What Women Want, “No games, just sports”. FFS.

The Office Smile GIF

Fascinating. Some scary and interesting figures in there.

United is eye watering. Everton for the fail. Dortmund, just wow.

We’re punching way above our weight based on that table too.

3 Likes

Ralf isn’t doing himself any favours. He’s saying he thinks the face to face is the best way to solve a dispute, effectively criticizing his players for responding via SM to criticisms of them put out into the public by the manager. He says he’s not on SM so if they want to talk him they should do it face to face. Uh, maybe they werent addressing you? Maybe they felt theyd already addressed you and then you slandered them. Maybe they think engaging you face to face any further is completely pointless.

Not only does this come off as oblivious in his role in this, but he then gets sanctimonious about SM in a way that just makes him look completely out of touch…coaching in a world he wants it to be not the one that actually exists.

I’m a different kind of generation. My generation didn’t grow up with those kind of things.

"I can even remember a time when there were no mobile phones or internet so for me it’s always better to communicate directly but again it’s time now to look ahead.

“I know in both cases what I said to the players and what happened so for me there’s no reason to discuss this anymore.”

I like the way he decides it is now time to move on, after getting in one more dig on the players.

2 Likes

Manchester United interim boss Ralf Rangnick says the club are improving on the pitch despite the shock FA Cup exit to Middlesbrough.

The Old Trafford defeat by Chris Wilder’s Championship side ended any realistic hope of United winning their first domestic silverware since 2017.

It was the fifth time in 11 games under Rangnick that United had failed to win.

“I’m absolutely convinced we’re playing on a higher level than we used to play a couple of weeks ago,” Rangnick said.

“Both in possession and if the other team is in possession, the team has improved.”

United have moved up from seventh to fourth in the Premier League table since Rangnick took over.

“Right now we are fourth in the league and everybody on the inside of the club including myself would be happy if we finish fourth at the end of the season,” he said.

I find the lack of insight very encouraging. What they see as success is taking a team that finished 2nd, spent £120m on it including bring back the lord and saviour CR7 so they could fight for 4th place.

1 Like

It was Middlesbrough…

2 Likes

???

My very good friend @mattyhurst is implying that all of the talk from United sources about improvements and encouraging signs from their last game needs to be put in the context of the fact that they were playing fucking Middlesbrough, not prime Barca or Bayern. The standards have slipped so low that they’re all patting themselves on the back for creating lots of chances and just being “unlucky” against fucking Middlesbrough. It’s an embarrassment of the highest order, and they all seem oblivious to it.

10 Likes

From the caf and in fairness, we all remember this:

“Oh god another game”

1 Like

How the tables have turned. Old thread at the new deluded ones…. 2011/12

Caf on Rawk

@Klopptimist stealing my takes, the bastard…

2 Likes

Burnley will be desperate for the points tonight, so hopefully they’ll kick the crap out of Utd.

1 Like

I really don’t want Burnley to win.

1 Like