The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Open… wow, that’s really breaking news.

No shit he’s open, not like he will have a thousand options.

:joy:

2 Likes

It’s funny to see him open to a premier league move - can that really be a negotiating ploy with overseas clubs or has he really ruined his reputation that much that there are no other clubs interested in him?

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Or a come-and-get me to Newcastle…

3 Likes

A story like this seems to usually be an agent/PR type working the media because the market is softer than he thought it would be. I don’t see Real Madrid stories flying around the press these days, and he could already have signed a Bosman. There are probably still loads of clubs that would take him…but at nothing close to what he is expecting.

1 Like

This is just standard Raiola trying to drive up the price for his client. No-one is going to want to pay Pogba what he wants, but if there was a feeling that PSG/Juve/Real didn’t think there was going to be competition from other PL teams, then this lights a fire under them and might encourage one of them to put a bid on the table.

2 Likes

Arsenal would bid for him i guess.

1 Like

I’d be stunned. They just seem to have broken that long-standing habit, with Aubameyang the last grossly overpaid player whom they can’t with a damn thing with. Signing Pogba would set them back years.

2 Likes

That sounds like a great idea.

United and Arsenal seeling each other their overpriced dross. Neither getting any better but each one thinking they now have superiority over their opponents. But neither one is able to see that they are just spinning in place. Fighting it out for 7th every season.

Meanwhile, Alice has a moan about how she can’t believe Arsenal managed to sell them another shite player. She just can’t believe it would happen again and again.

Plus there is already a history of it with Mkhitaryan and Sanchez

1 Like

Maybe convince them to take the walking red card Xhaka the other way

If he doesn’t get a European giant I see two options for him. First, he could re-sign with Man Utd. It would all be carefully stage managed to look like a win, but everyone would know it was the booby prize, sort of like being stuck in a loveless marriage. Well… nothing better came along, so this will have to do.

The only problem with this scenario is that Man Utd might be welcoming a new manager who does not want Pogba, and instead wants to bring a bit of a broom to the club. With Pogba gone and Ronaldo making it clear he is open to a move, that might be two issues (of many) solved for a new manager.

So, if no big move to a European giant, and if no new deal with Manchester United, what next?

Prem options? I can’t see beyond Newcastle. No real big club would want him as he is a show pony who only performs sparingly. And no sensibly run club would want him as the wages wouldn’t make sense. So that leaves Newcastle, at this stage of their development - down the line when they are knocking on the door of CL they can be more selective in building their team, but right now, Pogba might be a match for Newcastle. Big name. Sort of makes a PR case for their emerging project.

Ugh.

Raiola will whore him out to city, Man U will get an instant hard on (2.3 inches), Man U will spend over the odds to keep him. We get to enjoy 4 more years of every Man U pundit/fan complaining about how shit/disinterested/lazily he is playing, Man U will lose said erection to such an extent that they will become non-binary, they will loiter around top 4 like a confused street prostitute, someone on TAN will have a good wank about it.

1 Like

Which is of course precisely why he will be signed to a new contract in May, mere weeks before ManU announce the new manager who will not want him.

6 Likes

That about sums him up

Haha @SBYM

4 Likes

maybe we should sign Pogba :rofl:

I’m predicting that Real will sign Mbappe, Haaland and Pogba in the summer.

Believe it or not, I think him alongside Fab could be a box-to-box monster for us. He just comes with far too much baggage to be worth it. The social media nonsense, the questions of effort, the agent drama, and the yearly winter “injuries” that mean he has to spend a month or so in Dubai - all of this should rule him out, that’s even before thinking about the wage structure.

1 Like

Imagine the wage bill just for them three ! :open_mouth:

All covered by Bale leaving, presumably!

• tongue in cheek, Gareth has been worth every penny.