The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Happy Man Utd GIF by Manchester United

1 Like

Nothing like finding a statistical slight and banging on it.

4 Likes

I’m actually surprised how well their form is thing is the last 3 games are going help that none of which were particularly commanding.

They will win tomorrow and follow it up with a win Saturday but they have since the turn of the year played only one team in the top half and won that 1-0 however they have drawn 3 times and lost 1 with another loss against M’Boro in the cup.

1 Like

Rangnick took charge for the weekend of fixtures on 4/5 December. But because Liverpool and City played on the Saturday and United played on the Sunday, Rio’s excluded the Liverpool and City results from his tally.

As such, United have 25 points from 12 games. City have 28 from 11 games. And we have 23 pts from 10 games. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Is that really true?

Yep. Great footballer , bang average match analyst

1 Like

It all depends on when you start the ‘took charge’ from I think…

Do you count from when he was appointed or when from his first game??

Either way…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If that is the semantic argument you need to make to feel better about your shit team, good luck to ya.

3 Likes

They’ve also played two or three more games than everyone else.

It’s not quite ‘put a contract in front of him’…but it is still hilarious.

4 Likes

Sorry…what @Kopstar said…

1 Like

DUMB SHIT RIO HAS SAID IN THE RECENT PAST - 14 February 2022

Points-wise it’s not over, but I just believe that City look too comfortable in their games.

City look like they’re in total control all the time.

There’s no topsy-turvey games or moments where you go ‘oh my god they’re on the ropes they’re going to get beat here’. They’re in cruise control.

By the way, Pep Guardiola is doing this without a recognised striker in his team.

He’s basically put his middle finger up to the whole league and all of the media who were doubting him at the beginning of the season and said ‘listen, have that and we’re going to win the league doing it as well’.

2 Likes

They should have been beaten by Arsenal as well. Rio’s hatred of Liverpool is way too easily on display here.

1 Like

It’s fine margins that will decide this season , Both Liverpool and City have had phases when they’ve looked off key. Had Leicester not fluked the win against Liverpool, Both the teams would be neck and neck which is how exactly they are.

2 Likes

We deserved that loss but…

We was fecking shite.

3 Likes

He’s basically put his middle finger up to the whole league and all of the media who were doubting him at the beginning of the season and said ‘listen, have that and we’re going to win the league doing it as well’.

:thinking: I thought it was City + Chelsea in the top 2 from every single pundit?

1 Like

In that alternate universe perhaps just scraping through against Leicester would have given a false sense of security, and we could have dropped points instead against another team that we ended up beating in reality? Perhaps City and Spurs would have played differently, Pep set up differently had the title race been closer before this weekend and that result would have been reversed?

No point of ifs and buts as potentially everything that transpired after Leicester could have played out differently not just for us but in other matches.

6 Likes

I say the same thing about incidents in a game. A free kick or throw in given the wrong way can change a game. Something like the ‘Butterfly Effect’. :nerd_face:

1 Like

This reminds me of Sean Dyche.

Very disappointed in the officials today. It’s not easy to get beat six nil, but there was a throw in given against us in the 30th minute that should have been ours. Ten minutes later they scored from it. Those kind of decisions change games, and although we were already two down, it was a real turning point in the game. We felt we could still get something from it up to then.

5 Likes

Sean Dyche should become a pundit and have a special show with Rio Ferdinand.
They could call it ‘crease up time’ … oh no sorry that would be for the cricket punditary.

2 Likes

Yeah I was just thinking the same thing when I read that. I don’t remember a single pundit writing City off, they were just getting too excited about signings made by Man Utd and Chelsea.

As I remember it most pundits had either Man City or Chelsea to win the league, Man Utd to be dark horses and Liverpool/Tottenham competing for 4th.

2 Likes

Tbf many LFC fans were not at all impressed by our recruitement either. I was and always will be confident we with Klopp will almost certainly be up there challenging. There’s not much better than a steady squad that’s accumulating experience with the odd addition that gets well intergrated with out the distractions of a primadona. :smiley:

2 Likes