The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I think with Ronaldo, he needs to control his temper as well. There have been a few occasions this season where he has quite clearly lost it on the pitch (the incident where he repeatedly kicked the ball into Curtis Jones springs to mind).

His body is catching up with his age and he doesn’t appear able to accommodate that. Maybe time to retire whilst he is still remembered as a great footballer rather than a washed-up has-been?

5 Likes

Why the fuck would an Everton fan who has just been abused by Ronaldo want to go to Old Trafford to watch the cunt play ?!

7 Likes

Thats what the mom of the child basically said. Plua turns out the kid is autistic , not that ronaldo had anyway of knowing tbat.

I thought this was ridiculous when I first saw it! All these ‘experts’ and none of them had factored in our injuries last season or the fact that we ran away with it the season before with a fit squad? Fucking berks.

3 Likes

Do find it amusing who are the two that currently are the closest to being right.

4 Likes

20 pundits and only 2 will have correctly predicted the top 2 teams - who have been miles ahead of everyone over the last 4 seasons…

WTAF?!!?!

These 18 need to be reminded of this and then sacked. That is absolutely appalling.

2 Likes

I’m/was actually surprised that none predicted United to win the League.

2 Likes

The level of gallows humor over on’t caf is reaching peak levels these days. Here’s a delicious snippet from their matchday thread for their upcoming clash with Norwich:

4 Likes

Once you start down the road of an abuser you normally keep abusing.

2 Likes

Fair to Murphy he will likely get the top three right.

The buy in on Man Utd ignored a number of factors.

1 Like

Jermaine Beckford (whoever the fuck that is) likes an outside bet doesn’t he :rofl:

1 Like

Lawro too.

I guess in context United had just finished second while we went right to the wire to finish in the top 4, but even then it’s massive recency bias to think those sets of circumstances would be repeated.

More people predicted United would make the top 4 than us (thanks to Beckford). That’s just staggering.

3 Likes

Yeah, I found that surprising last summer. And that’s coming from someone who is (or can be) pretty realistic. It’s like they all thought we forgot how to play football. I partly expected us to return strongly, especially after pre-season when I felt we were ready to take off again in our style, but partly also pleasantly surprised to see us so deep in all competitions. Still, the lack of faith that us and City are deep down still two best sides in the league (and that Chelsea would have to prove it first that they can reach those heights in the league)… weird.

2 Likes

You’re just a Dutch Villas-Boas!
Dutch Villas-Boooooooas!

x3

4 Likes

Ten Haags.

Sounds fun. :joy:

1 Like

From a distance he looks like Pep

Of course we like to take the piss, but he might just be the one to turn it around.
I’d have preferred another ex player like Rooney.

I must be the only one to look at his career and think that the mancs are getting way ahead of themselves.

Yes, he looks a good manager at the moment, but remember he is at Ajax. I could look good managing Ajax they are that well set up and run.

4 Likes

Yep, he manages a team that dominates a league, which is probably no better than our League 1. The media are hyping him up as another footballing genius, just like they did with Rangnick. Look how that’s worked out.

6 Likes