The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Yeah I misread Lawerson, to be fair those two aren’t bad and I even felt Man Utd would get top four.

Now they have a manager expect the next several weeks to be full of silly money bids for flavour of the month players they probably don’t need

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/1513931498717687819

5 Likes

I was thinking about this. He will get a hefty severance pay but will that be enough to get him out of depression?

2 Likes

At this point does it really hurt a managers career. If you are shit to begin with like Ole then it might be.

2 Likes

FIFY

1 Like

Does ten Hag like a smoke?

:notes: :notes:

“Ten Fags, you’ll be smoking 10 fags at half time”

:musical_note:

1 Like

He once scored for Leeds in a 1-0 FA Cup win back in the day. Then he​:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

No, sorry, I can’t remember anything else he’s done of note.

Oh, oh, oh, there was that time he predicted Liverpool not finishing in the top four. :joy::joy::joy::joy::nerd_face:

Is ten hags more than three witches? :thinking:

2 Likes

The pundits all bought into the idea that “every team has injuries” and that ours were nothing out of the ordinary. Not forgetting we lost 6 games in a row at an empty Anfield after going about 3 years without losing there.

I can accept them thinking Chelsea would sneak in above of us, but anyone who thought that United squad with that manager should be finishing ahead of us is stealing a living. I said that at the start of the season, no captain hindsight here, it was obvious.

Most football pundits lack critical thinking ability. The logic was - United finished above Liverpool and have made more signings so they’ll finish above Liverpool. No more thought necessary.

12 Likes

Ten Hag

Another manager they can hand out to dry in 12-24 months

2 Likes

Just like their lower end of the top six failalikes Spurs, they’ve gone for stadium architects Populous for the redevelopment. That’ll be nice for their fans to be in a copy of White Hart Lane and copy the trophy count.

1 Like

Leaving a four time winner of the top European trophy and national league title record holder for a team he’ll leave in two years with three European cups and no longer the national league title record holder and having spent less time in Amsterdam and more time in Manchester.

The article also mentions KSS have been engaged with regard to designing a new training ground. Weren’t they they guys that Hicks and Gillette retained for the Stanley Park stadium project/design? Looked like the back end of a Chrysler?

Think it’s safe to say that any development of Old Trafford will cost a bomb for marginal benefit, will probably run significantly over budget and beyond schedule, be paid for with commercial borrowing etc etc. Sounds like a disaster. Hope it happens.

5 Likes

The bolded part caught my eyes

“Work will begin immediately on developing options for Old Trafford and studying their feasibility, with the aim of significantly enhancing the fan experience,” a statement on the club’s website said.

The booing of Maguire not loud enough :thinking:

2 Likes

Seems to be hotting up over at OT

England striker Harry Kane, 28, is set to turn down a move to Manchester United this summer and stay at Tottenham , with the Old Trafford outfit set to announce Erik ten Hag as their new manager rather than Kane’s former Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino. (Mirror)

Dutchman Ten Hag has made it clear to the Manchester United hierarchy that Portuguese forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 37, will not suit his style of play. (Star)

Ten Hag is considering moving for Tottenham’s Netherlands winger Steven Bergwijn, 24, when he takes over at United.(Mail)

1 Like

Fucking Bergwijn :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

With Everton dropping down and United becoming the new Spurs, who on Earth is going to win the transfer window this summer?

4 Likes

Leicester, obviously. They’ll bring in many fantastic players with great character, that the fans will be very excited by.

5 Likes

Hang on, has anyone ever seen Ten Hag and Dyche in the same room?

:thinking:

5 Likes