The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Holy shit that’s absolutely awful. How does a person ever get over something like that?? Horrifying.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Absolutely tragic. Terrible news indeed.

6 Likes

That’s a pain I worry about all the time. Must be absolutely devastating.

6 Likes

Parents sending off their children…that is truly horrible news.

3 Likes

That’s awful news. Deepest sympathies.

3 Likes

Because he’s basically taken the piss for the five (?) years he’s been back there.

1 Like

terrible news, thoughts go to his family

4 Likes

Lucky it’s us and not City they’re playing tomorrow. Those cunts would probably be singing about it.

9 Likes

I think he’s just seen as an avatar for their malise. To a degree I think it’s fair, but I also think Utd have failed him year after year, making him a convenient scape goat for their inability to put together a squad that can compete.

At this point in his career, it is clear that Pogba needs to be accommodated. If you just plop him into midfield without consideration for what his weaknesses are you’re going to have a side that can look like its a man down, both defending and attacking. Not understanding that when they brought him back from Juve is one thing. Still not getting it 6 years later is another. Year after year Utd make purchases that don’t enable them to use Pogba at his best. The result is you end up with one of the world’s best paid players looking like he’s only worth 1/10 of that. Ole and Ralf have at times responded to that conundrum by leaving him on the bench, and while it partially solves the issue, it still makes the fans angry having such an expensive player unable to play his way into an underperforming side.

I think we can be critical of his inability/unwillingness to add the things to his game to round him out into a player you can rely on. But he isnt, and that much is clear. To everyone except the Utd hierarchy seemingly.

5 Likes

That is heart breaking news about Ronaldo losing his baby son.

RIP little one

9 Likes

Sad business about the baby. Puts a game into perspective.

9 Likes

Puts it in perspective a little. Parents shouldn’t have to grieve their children.

4 Likes

As a father of 4, I can’t wrap my brain around such a profound loss, hurt and pain.

I hope he and his wife are able to find peace and comfort in each other and family. Football is least important.

9 Likes

Very sad to hear this. I feel for the lad.

4 Likes

They probably still will.

1 Like

Terrible news. RIP little one.

4 Likes

I made that statement earlier somewhat in jest as Ronaldo had shown the tendency to skip matches earlier in the season. But this news is awful. So sorry for him and his family.

2 Likes

My cousin’s wife just miscarried her child. This was the second time they tried IVF and both times it ended badly with miscarriages. I’ve seen the pain they’ve had to go through and it’s gutwrenching.

No parent should have to bury their child.

3 Likes

Heartbreaking for the family. It’s a horrible thing for them to have to go through. I hope that the family are given space and privacy to mourn their loss. God Bless. :nerd_face:

10 Likes