The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

And long may it continue. :clinking_glasses:

8 Likes

It’s just amazing how much they have dropped off in the last year. We played them around this time last year and won. They looked tired, which was understandable given the number of games they had played, but they still looked coherent and they finished second in the league had managed to get to the Europa League final which they were unlucky not to win.

Fast forward 12 months and they all looked like they would far rather be somewhere else. They didn’t appear capable of stringing three passes together and all their players looked like they have zero confidence. It could be argued that the change of management was ill advised but I think it is a bit more fundamental than that. United seem to have treated their football team as a secondary concern to their commercial activities for a long time and I think that’s what it looks like.

2 Likes

The weirdest thing about them last night was that they put bloody Phil Jones (stylistically and a lack of games in recent times) central of a trio of CB’s. That’s almost suicide against us.

Plus, that performance was abysmal really, even with all those players missing.

One thing is to be more defensive against us and hit us on the counter attack, another thing is to play the game like that with absolutely zero ambition, just waiting for it to end and go home.

3 Likes

Worried about the threat from set pieces?

1 Like

What’s brilliant is that the man who masterminded last night’s utter and abject failure in not getting battered is to become the brains behind the club’s rebuilding.

Party Fun GIF by Solar Impulse

That’s different, I meant in open play.

@PeachesEnRegalia

4 Likes

She said they are social media obsessed babies.

Have a look in the mirror, Alice love.

5 Likes
4 Likes

It was hilarious watching last night the build up and that interview, particularly when it was followed by a classy VVD interview.

Man Utd fans talking about how many players they need to sign to compete but first of all they need to clear out a tonne of players and give themselves a base to build from. This group is so fragile, so mentally incompetent that adding Haaland or Mbappe would not do a thing.

Maguire, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Shaw, Jones, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Mata, Lingard all need to go (there are probably a bunch more I can’t think of right now). Rumour is that Dean Henderson is the player constantly running to the media to complain about the manager so he’d be first out the door for me.

Forget signing players, the most important thing for Man Utd to fuck all their players off!

5 Likes

Dont know wether it’s been said before on here…but do the Mancs really think Mbappe or Haaland …(if those 2 watched the game last night…) would want to come and play for a broken team…who had to rely on a broken goalie geeing them up…

2 Likes

Those two players are guaranteed a place wherever they want to go. United should be aiming for the players that want to make the next step up, players who are maybe in the middling European leagues who need a bigger audience. The only way United will attract megastars at the moment is if they pay them silly wages.

3 Likes

Hate to sound all Brendan Rodgers but it’s about character and United don’t have any. They should be focusing on hungry players are happy to be there and push the bus. They won’t though.

4 Likes

What they need is the next Scholes, Nevilles, Beckham, Gigs etc etc etc to come through the youth system in a very short space of time.

GIF by VH1

On the caf during the game someone said, (paraphrasing here), “What the fuck was Maguire doing there??”, and the answer was, “Still cupping his ears after winning the coin toss” :rofl: :rofl:

10 Likes
3 Likes

Hopefully to sign for cheaty.

3 Likes

I can’t even. I got to 32 seconds in and that was enough for me.

Double Entendre.

Gosh we are elite at getting other teams to fire their staff.

4 Likes