The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Hasn’t been able to demand that at Ajax, what they brought in has probably been the very best they can.

Yeah, just feel he’s more a Klopp than a Pep, I.e. will get the right personalities and train them into his team.

2 Likes

The problem is the decision structure at United. The board has shown no ability to bring in the right players. They are miles from us as a club.

2 Likes

That was my point exactly!

2 Likes

Has anyone else noticed that every time Man Utd play Liverpool, almost immediately after, Utd change manager. Maureen, Ole and now Ralfie.

7 Likes

I saw that earlier and thought it was a parody. Are we just supposed to erase the hype of the LVG and and Jose appointments?

8 Likes

The players he purchased and that he needed to be good, were very good to excellent. The dross he purchased didn’t effect his team at all, it was as if they were mulligans (do overs). If for example, Keane had bombed, it would have turned out differently imo.

Agreed. Then you look at Rio, Van Persie and that Evertonian.

FYI, anyone suggesting 10 hags or ten hags in the title will be subject to copyright infringement.

1 Like

5 Likes

As much as I agree with mascot that Fergie’s legacy needs a more critical evaluation of the state he allowed them to get into before he left, but the youth he brought through should not be treated as some lucky happen stance. You can never know how good the youth that come through will be, a big reason he was given such a long leash by Edwards, and the stories of Robbins saving his job being wide of the mark, is because from the very beginning he tied his future at the club alongside a restructuring of their academy.

1 Like

Yeah it seems like there hasn’t been any sort of blueprint there. I think the combination Rangnick and Ten Hag sounds like a good one for them, between those two I’m guessing it should be possible to create a foundation: decide how they want to play, identify players who fit, and go get the ones they don’t have. Which is basically what Rangnick said the other day. Coming from Ajax, this should be Ten Hag’s point of view as well.

To me, ManU have over several years turned into a hilariously misunderstood version of a galactico project. Just throwing money around, plugging holes that may or may not be there. So it’ll be interesting to see if TH gets caught up in this culture, or if he actually gets the trust, time and help to change it and create something that could give them direction.

2 Likes

Ferguson won so much, over such a long time, building and rebuilding 3+ teams, that criticism of how he left them won’t stick. It’s a fair point as it happens, but so what? Even in his last season he dragged an average team to the Premier League title.

Yes, he argued with the Irish fellas over the racehorse. They were stupid to promise something that they couldn’t possibly give, once it was clear how valuable it was. And Ferguson was stupid to think it was really his.

From that time on Ferguson’s powers were waning. He was becoming an old man in front of our eyes. But criticism won’t really stick to him, as he won so much, over so long, and left them as winners too.

They have spent an enormous amount of money since, and most of it has been squandered. Still, even then you could argue that they have been able to squander so much money because under Ferguson they won so much and became a financial juggernaut.

Ugh. I need to sit down. It felt like I was defending the bitter old bacon faced shitty kecked one!

Plenty of fine manchester united fans. Despite their fear of liverpool etc etc. maybe even 99% of man utd fans are absolutely. But this song was sung by quite a lot in the away end. So there is that. There is a sizable minority of regular match going fans who are vile people who have no place in the football stadium.

Ever note that LFC generally sing songs about themselves , their players etc etc (merry christmas everton and the vile munich chants aside) but all the other teams seem to do when they play against us is to make references to liverpool.

1 Like

That’s not true at all! Playing against utd Chelsea, City etc we have plenty of songs about them. Sure there was an OTT outcry about the Chelsea rent boy chant this season!

You feel however you feel, I’m not trying to change that and vice versa. Our fanbase has probably just as many horrible fucks as every other big / well supported team but to be that doesn’t justify a can’t beat them, join them mentality when it comes to doing the right thing because it’s that what separates us from the rest. Let them show themselves up as scum and if their club does nothing then the world can see. Just like the world saw Liverpool FC fans hold a fan lead minutes applause for the biggest player of our biggest rival after the death of his infant son.

6 Likes

But also why does Maguire (or whoever) think it needs to be reported to the media. Non credible Bomb threats are probably a fairly common occurrence and publicising it makes it more likely kids etc will do the same again.

1 Like

That’s up to him, I just think it’s fucking horrific thing to do.

1 Like

Absolutely

Kudos to whoever changed the thread title. Excellent Simpsons reference. :+1:

2 Likes

Which might be the case but if the arrival of the players I mentioned above was purely down to the quality of their academy, why didn’t it produce players of the same quality throughout his reign and beyond?