The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Shitposting is all I have!!!

1 Like
7 Likes

Which is what I suspect is happening. Bringing in Ralf and allowing him to follow a system which week in week out highlights the deficiencies of most of the players in the squad rather than get the best out of them is probably deliberate (of course it might simply be another sign of incompetence).

Presumably Ten Hag’s arrival is going to be followed by others to support him (we’ve already seen two on the recruitment side announced as leaving.) as they rebuild. This may be the Brendan phase rather than the Jurgen one, but I think it will still lead to clear improvements from where they are now.

Of course, I’m more than happy to be wrong :rofl:

1 Like

When Klopp took over here, it’s not like all the other pieces were here or in place and in full flow. Sounds boring, but it’s the truth, it takes time. It depends how long.

United will get back at some point, they’re too big for that not to happen. I’d actually love a period when it’s between us and them, usually and going back in history, it was not often that the situations of both clubs were great and going at it for the league.

This might be an important step for them, but since there’s so many things to solve and they’ve been through a lot of changes over the past years, it’s literally impossible to judge so early if Hag will be the head coach of a United winning things again. It might not.

So I certainly wouldn’t rush with conclusions, they have work to do and that’s it, time will tell. I also can’t base everything on Hag looking back at that Ajax run in the CL, which is what I feel a lot of the football public is doing now.

1 Like

Bomb threats to Maguire’s home are completely indefensible.

7 Likes

Manchester United have refused Ten Hag’s request to bring Sir Alex Ferguson’s former assistant Steve McClaren back to the club as part of his coaching team. (Telegraph)

Getting off on the right foot then.

4 Likes

Wild. I would have thought he had negotiated the right to appoint his entire coaching team under his sole authority, subject only to a budget.

2 Likes

Seems bizarre to bring Ten Hag in and not being his whole staff with him. Do they think Ten Hag does everything himself?

2 Likes

I don’t know what Maguire is complaining about? I’ve only read the headline but I’d be delighted if someone came and swept my house, police or not. If they could do a bit of ironing while they’re here too that would be fucking great :+1:

2 Likes

Perhaps that’s the key?
Could paying Steve bust their budget? :thinking: :grin:

1 Like

GIF by Brett Eldredge

1 Like

Yeah certainly wouldn’t expect Harry to be able to defend them… :rofl:

There has to be a hag limit surely? United board probably thought ten is a sufficient backroom staff…

2 Likes

Whisper it but that was the joke… :wink:

I did. Forgot to use the falsetto typeface…

1 Like

there’s the saying it’s the hope that kills them.

on a similar note, how many liverpool staff did Klopp inherit when he took over ? Achtenberg i think was present for bodgers as well…

1 Like

They did Hag-gle over it but Erik had to eventually agree on ten.

1 Like

Is Darren Fletcher becoming the United equivalent of Drunken Disorderly?

The unflushable turd

1 Like

I think Buvac and Krawietz(?) were the ones he brought with him…? Can’t remember anyone else.