The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

The Man U squad arrive at training.

Sir Widebottom is obviously Luke Shaw.

3 Likes

An ex of mine tried the cabbage diet for a while. That was rough going

1 Like

I don’t think it is quite either of these. I don’t think it is a choice to down tools, but the management disarray has had a role. His development has been hopelessly derailed by playing in pretend-systems that were really kick-and-chase from a defensive platform for years now - he has basically been developed into a bottom-table type of striker. His ability to find space in a short field has collapsed, all he has know is good speed - and hasn’t been catching defenders unawares for years now, his one move to the right to create space for a shot is now so obvious he is a Zoolander joke, and unlike Coutinho he can’t even dummy to set it up. He is almost the opposite of Kane now as a striker.

I don’t know how anyone fixes that, at his age maybe there is some time, but not much. He should be right at the age now where he simply knows where the space is, gets into it to make himself available, and has a few go-to patterns that he uses to either get a shot or a dangerous pass out of it. Instead, the man is a walking goal kick.

4 Likes

We’ve already been gifted this…cant get much worse surely. Theres hope.

Yes it definitely feels like a lack of development due to the standard of coaching is a big factor (and had Greenwood not been taken out of the equation you feel he would end up similarly), however from what the fans are saying he’s not even showing basic effort in the appearances he’s currently getting, so on top of the above it looks like a lack of willing to play for the current setup is a secondary factor.

2 Likes

The raising of the threshold for contact this season has affected these lot the most.

The amount of pens in the last few years is crazy. Under Whiskey Nose, at least they were the most attacking team so they’d be bound to win a lot, the current lot have basically qualified for the Champions League for several years only on the back of the amount of pens and decisions they’ve got.

2 Likes

Just found utd’s recruitment team :rofl:

2 Likes

Is this the Sancho that ran at Trent got past him and then chipped it in for Becker to catch easily? I’m not seeing an amazing player in the game against us, though I have no doubt there is one there and ETH might find him.

4 Likes

Sancho’s got some nice technical ability and can link up play well but compare him to someone like Diaz and he lacks that serious pace and the ridiculous work ethic.

He’ll probably end up being a decent player for them but I’m not seeing the world class talent he was promised to be. Compare his attitude to our forward players and he’s clearly well behind.

7 Likes

Sancho looks bang average in the Prem. He’s not fast enough, not physical enough, and refuses to take on his man. He might come good in the next season or two, but to me it’s looking like United were once again soaked by Dortmund. You love to see it.

5 Likes

That was pretty spectacular to be fair.

United are a bit like the cucumber that I’ve not eaten in the fridge. Really soft and a bit smelly.

2 Likes

That could describe something else.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Everton?

6 Likes

Right.

Who’s keen on Thursday night football in North Macedonia then??

2 Likes

Man Utd spending 200m doesn’t really bother me anymore.

4 Likes

Yip, someone will fleece them, hopefully WH for the overrated rice. Hag and rice stew, sounds like a recipe for disaster. I hope they try fix everything in the first window.

3 Likes

I dunno…

200 squillion dollar bucks will buy you a lot of players who don’t care about a lack of European football…

One of 'em is bound to be good.

1 Like

Russell Brand

Donald Trump?