The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Ten Hag not even there and the players have lost faith in him :rofl:

1 Like

Definitely not. He does have a huge reputation in youth football but that’s because players that have his style are always overrated (languid almost lazy with a large passing range). Anyone who does that in an U23 game suddenly starts getting hyped up as the new Pirlo and without fail they come up to first team level and can’t adapt to the change in pace. He’ll get some games next season but they have quite a few players much better than him - Amad Diallo, Alejandro Garnacho, Shola Shoretire and arguably Zidane Iqbal just in the positions he plays.

1 Like

Which means then they’ll promote him and sell the rest.

He put his body on the line last year to play for an extended period through two separate injuries. I think a lot of people really underappreciate the physical toll that takes and how much of a physical hole you can dig for yourself trying to do that. But I’d also understand if there was a sense of bitterness at putting so much of himself towards a cause only to see how much a piss take so many of his team mates are having.

They are absolutely terrible. There is not a single area of the pitch where they are acceptable and a lot of just how bad that is is being painted over by Ronaldo’s goals. And that in itself is the problem. They need to get rid of him to move on and develop the sort of team they want to be, but doing so in the short term will expose just how terrible they are all over the pitch.

I wonder if Ten Hag was appointment because Utd are considering a reset in approach, with a greater emphasis on youth players going forward. If so, wouldn’t surprise me to see if Utd also try to poach some of the back of house staff at Ajax.

God damnit.

Utd publicly ruling out following Ralf’s assessment of what needs to be done. Evolution not revolution. 3 players coming in max.

They have 5 senior players who are already committed to not being there next year. That doesn’t include Greenwood, Henderson (trying to leave), or Ronaldo (needs to leave). And they’re going to plug those gaps with just 3 new players.

Dont worry though, they may bring back Perrera from loan. That’ll fix it.

2 Likes

Not only this, but the sad cunts have opened talks with De Gea about a new contract. Mind you - he’s already on 375k per week, and is under contract through 2023 with a club option for one more year.

Anyone who’s even remotely concerned by them appointing Ten Hag needs to give their heads a wobble. It’s the same incompetent dickheads making the decisions there. They don’t view players as members of a football team that need to try and win trophies, they view them as fiscal assets that need to be “protected” by having them signed to long-term contracts for amortization purposes so that they can squeeze a few extra quid out of the club in dividends.

5 Likes

How many parsecs did that take to type? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was multitasking you FUCK.

God damnit.

Got you

tired man GIF by South Park

3 Likes

Its actually a new group of incompetent dickheads. But Ten Hag has said De Gea is too limited a footballer, but he’ll put up with him in the near term given the number of other holes they have to plug. What the new dickheads heard was “ok, offer him a new even better paid long-term contract.”

3 Likes

bUt ThEy’Re PrOtEcTiNg HiS vAlUe!

3 Likes

Well, to be fair with them, they have changed their structure lately: that idiot who was in charge of transfers is sadly going away in the summer (thanks for the good times, Ed!), and Rangnick will take on all responsibilities in terms of sporting decisions. It’s obviously Rangnick who is behind Ten Haag’s appointment, and Ten Haag is a good coach by all accounts. Rangnick isn’t the same kind of fool as his predecessor, so he’ll back him.

Of course, the Glazers are and will remain a stain on the club. But at sporting level, they have removed the biggest stumbling block now. With the money the club still earns, and with people able to now use it effectively, and more importantly, to develop players, they’ll become more competitive again imo. It might take a couple of years though before they become a real menace for us again.

2 Likes

I keep reading that United are sorting out their recruitment structure with Woodward going, but I think anyone expecting things to improve with Murtaugh, Darren Fletcher and Richard Arnold calling the shots are in for a rude awakening. I’d actually not be surprised if it gets worse.

5 Likes

But will they really be calling the shots? I thought that Rangnick would call the shots from next summer on? It would obviously be great if they impede his and Ten Haag’s job.

1 Like

Rangnick isn’t the DOF. He is being retained on some kind of informal consultancy role.

6 Likes

No, absolutely not. Rangnick is being given a consultancy role, and the word is that equates to about a couple of days per month. Hard to get much of note achieved in that time, I expect he’ll mainly be used to sense-check some decisions. There’s also been talk recently about Rangnick just fucking them off entirely in the summer.

3 Likes

Oh really? Well that’s outstanding news then! The more dissent and opposing opinions there can be within the club, the better! :+1:

4 Likes

6 hours a week I heard. You can fuck things up royally with that much time :joy:

1 Like