The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

So in other words, he is going to be paid loads of money to do jack shit. Typical Man United…I like it.

4 Likes

And not really fix anything either.

Glorious

1 Like

Is de Gea seriously on £375k per week and they are thinking of giving him a new contract?

They are in a massive mess if that’s their thinking these days. That squad needs a full clear out and start again with players that are there to play rather than earn a retirement fund.

2 Likes

If they ask nicely I’ll send them one of my nice football playing turds through the post for 5 million, cheap at twice the price.

1 Like

This is absolutely fucking staggering. We’ve got the best goalie in the world on half the money they pay de Gea , and now they want to improve/extend his contract ?

Just that one example shows what a totally fucked-up club they have become.

2 Likes

I totally get the idea of leaving De Gea alone until the end of his contract in 2024. He really is the least of their problems.

But Christ, actually extending?

Did you guys all miss this recent news??

As Rex Hunt used to say, if it were raining bikini-clad women, the Utd brains trust would get washed down the drain with a binman.

3 Likes

Yeah but to go and repeat it just shows how utterly broken they are.

Contract aside, I’d be seriously looking at Fernandez’s position in the squad. His attitude stinks before you even start looking at his contribution on the field.

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Wonder how many zeros that nothing to play for has.

1 Like

I’ve been surprised at how little criticism there has been over his comments in recent weeks. The “nothing to play for” received some attention, but I can see how that was an issue of mistranslation. What has not been has been the superior attitude he has displayed in essentially saying the problem is everyone else, that it’s his teammates who arent good enough and until he gets better team mates there is nothing much he can do or nothing Utd can expect. I think it is the perfect distillation of the attitude that is sinking Utd.

A massively over rated player waiting for everyone else to start playing well before he thinks he has to, and using his contract rather than his performance to define his worth and quality.

3 Likes

And there is little evidence that he is being listened to at all. Murtagh has been in the job long enough now to have supposedly led the managerial search, and they clearly are not taking on board Ralf’s suggestion that the entire playing staff needs to be overhauled with immediate effect.

2 Likes

100% agreed. I came across this the other day. While it is BS because the issue of Ronaldo i far wider than 2 second snippets here and there do look at Fernandez, his opportunities, misses, fumbles etc. and the actual number of times he pops up in the video. That’s before we start picking apart his contribution versus us a week ago.

Giving Bruno so much money will perpetuate their problems. They need a reset - younger players, hungry, well coached to be a unit in the vision of a good manager… paid well, but then with real achievement, paid even more having earned it.

If they give a lot of money to moaners, who win nothing and don’t show signs of rolling up their sleeves and leading through a bad time, then even if Pogba and Ronaldo depart, due to their ridiculous demands, the cycle will not be broken.

Good!

2 Likes

I’m not sure how realistic that suggestion is.

10 players in 1 window as Ralf said is not realistic, but it came across as a form of hyperbole to express how broken things actually are as a way of setting expectations. Utd never have a better time to support that perspective given all the behind scenes guys are new and not soiled by the decisions that got them here, but rhetorically they are acting like it only needs small tweeks.

2 Likes

I’m all for them adding a second Maguire to that back line.

1 Like

easter island researchers GIF

7 Likes

Nah, he is way to quick and mobile to be compared to Maguire.

If your looking for a 2nd Maguire then you looking at

1 Like

Bit late here, but hilarious that the video description said “not fit to where the shirt.” Usually it’s their/they’re/there that is problematic. :joy:

3 Likes