The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Rangnick hanged several of his players (probably all of them?) to dry before he even established himself properly as a coach/manager. With the changing room already had a lot of issues, perhaps he thought divide and conquer was a good idea. Like some said here, it felt like scorched earth policy that he deployed. Rangnick literally destroying any little bits of low confidence left in the players. I would absolutely hate to work under such environment or such boss. No wonder none of the players would walk through the wall for him.

Yeah you end up with that result.

In my very limited playing experience I’ve always tried my very best to win. No matter who was coaching/managing me.

1 Like

Then don’t expect a call from whoever the fuck it is currently, you don’t have ‘United DNA’.

It feels so good to see them destroyed whether on the field or in confidence. But I think what Ragnick has done might be the best thing for that club. The current crop of players need to be weeded out, those who truly find pride to fight for a club who did in terms of winning the leagues, was one of the best, if not the best in the PL era. I am happy for them to keep languishing and fighting in mid table for a long time to come.

1 Like

1 Like

The daily Fail reporting utd players have to take a 25% pay cut after failing to qualify for champions league.

1 Like

If that leads to an exodus it might actually do then a favour.

New contracts for all please.

9 Likes

Ralf, you might just be on to something. Now, please, no more mauve sweaters. At least Ole dressed the part.

When they hired Ralf as interim manager, their plan was for him to steady the ship, qualify in 4th place, and by working hands on with the squad, find out which players to keep, and the type of players they need to instil a pressing type game. That’s the reason for the two year consultancy role.

“As a consultant Rangnick will be expected to modernize a club whose playing style and approach to recruitment have at times seemed to be outdated in the modern game with former manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer doing little to instill an overarching football philosophy during his near three year reign”

Now it transpires that they denied him some signings from the get go. I can’t see how he can oversee and give input to the long term strategy when they deny him what he wants in his first week of the job. Basically, I feel that he will end up on a two year gardening period, where they will ask nothing of him.

They also appointed Darren Fletcher to be their technical director about a year ago.

Rio Ferninand: “John Murtough is obviously the football director and Darren Fletcher is the technical director.

“Fletcher is on the football pitch, he’s got his boots on and he’s working with the first-team every day and he’ll be the person that plugs back into John Murtough from a football angle."

But this season, with Ralf coming in, reports seem to suggest that they now no longer know what the role of Fletcher actually is. He seems to put out the cones during training…and that’s about it.

Loving it.

Yep, regardless of what limitations people may now assign to Ralf, it is pretty apparent they sold him a role they have not allowed him to carry out and left him performing only the part of the role he is least renowned for.

1 Like

It’s taken Ralph long enough to realise “Utd aren’t good enough”. The man’s obviously a football genius.

Nuthin from nuthin, but i’d suck a fart out of Alice’s arsehole.

Don’t you judge me…

At least one thing was ok this weekend :wink:

3 Likes

" These boys have already been onto Thomas Cook to sort their holidays" :rofl: :rofl:

Don’t spend much time on the “Caf” but this is just a wonderful read. Would anyone explain why this season all went to hell? | RedCafe.net

First Post: "We were second last season. This season we’re supposed to be even stronger with the arrival of Sancho, Varane and Ronaldo. Lot of talks about us challenging or even winning the PL before the season started.

Why and wth went so wrong in your opinion?"

1 Like

unimpressed judge judy GIF by RealityTVGIFs

1 Like

Best wedding picture ever.

14 Likes

Does the angry lad with the beard have any friends who can stage an intervention? He’s going to dead before the end of the season if he carries on like this.