The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Whomever Utd’s manager was going to be, De Jong being linked to Utd was going to make sense. Barca see him as the most sellable high priced asset they have to make money from this summer, and there arent many clubs who have the need for this sort of player and have the money Barca will likely be holding out for. As a move it makes sense for everyone, except for Frenkie :heart_eyes:

If not Utd, I’m stuck thinking where else they can sell him to, which is what might keep this flame burning a bit longer despite the denials.

3 Likes

Barcelona and Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, 25, looks set to reject a move to Manchester United , as incoming boss Erik ten Hag intends to get tough on those players who want to leave Old Trafford this summer. (Star)

In one sense, the fact he will only move to a CL team - as Klopp says, getting on the moving train - makes him the perfect fit for this United team. Overpaid? Tick. Downing tools when the going gets tough? Tick. I couldn’t think of a more perfect match in terms of what that club needs (to continue the rot).

On the other hand, United suck, so his CL requirements make it a non-starter. Shame.

3 Likes

@sbym. CAF report please.

1 Like

Have only had a quick peak.

‘Rubbish game, wouldn’t want to win it like that’, is a pretty decent summary.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

4 Likes

Suck a cat’s wang, you minnows.

3 Likes

I guess those street vendors at Anfield are going to make a fortune next season eh, :0)

3 Likes

Who are the 2 senior players that started having a scrap, has anyone heard names yet?

Did you see your mate Goldbridge on the pens :grin::grin::grin:

2 Likes

Not yet…really looking forward to it now!!

Supposedly Slabhead and Lingard.

2 Likes

Tsimikas the WIFI password.

what a shame.

Was hoping for it to be 2 that are actually 'ard and able to throw a proper punch

1 Like

In this BBC rendering of Wayne Rooney testifying at Wagatha Christie, he appears to have lost about four stone and aged twenty years. Except for the suit he looks like some street guy who’d beg you for change.

<a href=

2 Likes

He always seemed the type to me that would turn from 25 to 55 in a matter of a couple of years.

Not been following this Rooney-Vardy thing at all. Keep hearing little things, but to me seems too much like a school playground drama. No idea what’s going on, and to be honest, have zero interest in it. No interest in finding out as well.

6 Likes

You could add to that the Johnny Depp / Amber Heard thing as well. Two people washing their dirty clothes in public where the only winners are the lawyers and the Tabloids.

7 Likes

Not sure that is correct. From what I understand Johnny Depp has been unable to work since the Amber Heard allegations surfaced, and although I am not following that case closely I’ve heard it reported that there is mounting evidence that she may have lied about it.

1 Like

Maybe that sketch artist thought Rooney used to play for the Spuds… she keeps giving him a potato head :0)

1 Like

He has a potato head!

1 Like

If it gets any worse for United and Depp, there could be a marriage of convenience. Depp hired as manager to stand on the touchline dressed as Captain Jack, just to get people to come to OT.

3 Likes