The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Well he would have been fine at Man Utd.

2 Likes

This is probably my favorite Man United related video of all time. I could watch it on a loop for all eternity and never stop laughing at it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly3Cn4h4jmM

Not as good as the Nigerian guy reading the results, posted earlier in this thread. :joy:

2 Likes

Ajax is not a big club? A club that’s consistently in CL, reached the semifinals three years ago with a budget smaller than what Man United routinely spend on a single player every summer, not to mention the fact that Ajax have won more CL trophies than Man United. This beautifully sums up the “not arrogant, just better” brigade.

3 Likes

It wasn’t that he wasn’t backed. After all, they purchased Felliani for more than his exit clause because Moyes was too slow to make decisions about what he wanted and so waited until that clause closed before he decided to push for that signing. They’d also lined up Thiago for him only for him to shut that down (and eventually, after lots of indecision, move for Felliani). So a lot of the issues there were due to his lack of comfort coming into a new place and not having a clear idea of what he needed to do. But there are things a good manager could conceivably move past as they grow and Moyes never got the chance to. The result is that he definitely contributed to the challenges of that season, and some of it may suggest a job being too big for him, but he also definitely got the blame for what have undeniably shown to be systemic. IOW, even with that slow start, a well run club could have held his hand better and got him through that first summer. Utd let him down and exacerbated the challenges he was always going to have in dealing with his learning curve.

1 Like

Stade de Reimes have a better European record than City. It has no bearing on what the expectations and pressure to succeed for the managers of the respective clubs are.

Ten Hags don’t want one biscuit at the club next season so he can go on a permanent basis or on loan. So much for him being better than Trent. 50m flop.

He wants two biscuits?

1 Like

@ZinedineBiscan Don’t even think about it.

2 Likes

Thing is all the stuff you mentioned seems to be what’s been happening for a while. It’s all journo talk that it was down to Moyes. Didn’t they refuse to buy Herrara for a certain price only to cough up more in the summer.

Yes, as @Limiescouse says there were systemic issues. The recruitment system was pretty antiquated when Moyes took over, which added to Moyes’s natural slowness in making up his mind on a player and agreeing to sign them made things more difficult than they needed to be. The club ousted Moyes, but haven’t really tackled the systemic issues, just throwing money at the problem.

1 Like

Erik not hanging around. Mustnt know football too well if hes getting rid of the best RB in the league.

2 Likes

I think it was fellani from Everton.

1 Like

Bilbao are notoriously difficult to deal with (mostly because of the difficulty of finding replacement players who meet their Basque requirement) and I think the Utd people just didn’t appreciate the difficulty of negotiating with them. What I remember was he had a buy out clause they didnt want to pay and didnt realize that Bilbao were completely comfortable fucking them off for anything that was even a penny under that and didnt realize that until it was too late in that original window to make the deal. They then went back cap in hand and agreed to pay the clause the following summer.

That is reflective of the deeper rot there was, which is the larger point I was trying to make. Moyes did make missteps, especially in those first couple of weeks. But I don’t think an entire tenure should be judged on that, and it was a failing of Utd that they had such a lack of effective structure in place that allowed those uncertainties to be exacerbated in importance. As has been definitively shown, you can remove the manager and the issues are still evident.

1 Like

Add to that the even bigger one at 80m who is better than VVD. :grin:
Is he being discarded as well?

I just can’t help winding up my Manc fan brother in law. It’s just too much fun.

3 Likes

Manchester United have cancelled their annual Player of the Year awards because the players are too embarrassed to attend such an event following such a dismal season. (Mirror)

Bwahahahahahaha

10 Likes

In its place, they should hold a footie version of the Razzies and call it the Mazzies - The Manure Award for the shittiest players.
Slabhead to be favourite to win h̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ boots down.
Could be a sellout event…attended by rival fans.

1 Like

Ten hags has told eric bailly to fuck off also :flushed: :joy: :rofl:

I can’t wait til he talks to Maguire