The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Keita , Matip , Karius & Thiago

Also tried to sign Goretzka and Gundogan and Werner

Klopp isn’t averse to signing from Bundesliga. But he isn’t averse from signing from other leagues as well. For Ten Hag to try and sign his former players is a recipe for disaster. Especially as he’s shown he isn’t flexible or confident enough to work with other targets

Ok I’ve been routinely rebuke, but again the lack of Germans and players he played with sort of still makes the genuine point right, I’m not sure why I added the same league.

As for rumours I don’t remember anything from the reliable lot on them so I’m going suggest they were never more than potential.

2 Likes

Got off on a technicality then.

1 Like

A technicaliteh of a legend ‘oo recommended ‘im…

3 Likes

Twas listening to TalkSport earlier and they had a European journo on to talk about Darwin, Mane, Lewa etc…

Right at the end they asked him, ‘So…Frenkie…Utd?’

(Audible exhale) ‘Yeeeeeeaaaaah…I think so. But he really doesn’t want to go there. Barcelona need the cash and Utd are paying.’

I’m loving the 22/23 season already.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Don’t be silly, they don’t even say that. Remember Penandes “well they have something to play for” after losing 4-0 to us :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Might have to take a look at the odds of Utd getting relegated next season…
It is after all, within the realms of possibility as Tic-Tac Ten might just be a Dutch Lampard after all

I think they would cut Erik “Ten Hags” at that point.

Maybe even by Christmas if it gets that bad… Get Poch in :0)

I’d say a dutch Lampard would spend £150m - £200 and take them from 6th to 6th.

Even if things go ‘badly’ I would still expect most managers to be able to achieve midtable with their squad.

1 Like

Yeah Ponchettino is available if all fails.

:rofl: I am not sure dithering has anything to do with it.

4 Likes

Castles is chief bullshitter isn’t he, at no point did Darwin Nunez suggest he wanted to go there. Effectively they’ve finally realised that they are not Billy big bollocks anymore. I expected it would take more than one season outside of the CL but it seems not to.

I wish they had dithered, might show that nothing has changed from the Woodward era

2 Likes

:rofl:
Fowler: “I don’t want to be cruel, but United could have written a book on how not to do transfers in recent seasons. Signing players just because you don’t want them to go to a rival? Check and double check…”

4 Likes

:thinking:

2 Likes

Noel Whelan… that brings back memories of the 90s football

Ox does leave everything out there. Unfortunately that includes bits of his knee.

2 Likes

Yeah they could have permission to talk to him for 25m - but I expect he’d reject them. :rofl: