The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I love it btw. Shows that they havent learnt from the mistakes made before.

4 Likes

He’s exactly what they are missing. Their problem at DM was not ball winning but using the ball productively…all their creative players were only interested in playing around the penalty area so they had no good way to get the ball up there. You put one of McFred behind him to protect the defense and Fernandes in front of him and their midfield has balance for the first time in years.

2 Likes

Yes, he’d not coming in to play DM in a Fabinho/Rice sort of way. I’m assuming EtH wants him to play similarly to his Ajax role.

I think they are missing far more than just a ball playing CM, that defence was utterly atrocious whoever they played in it.

People bang on about Maguire and he was crap but Lindeoff, Wan Bassaka were simply terrible and Varane wasn’t much better on the occasions he wasn’t injured. De Gea probably got them about 15 points.

2 Likes

For sure, they’re not in a position where a couple of correct signings will fix things. But it’s a start.

2 Likes

Sure, they have lots of areas to fix, but bringing in players who actually address a real problem is a step forward.

1 Like

Its only a step forward when they address at least two major issues, fixing one will barely help. In the long term he will turn to shit if the other holes aren’t plugged. He didn’t make a huge difference when he went to Barca, and they were a much better team (or at least a team that only has 1 or 2 competing sides). De Jong and De Ligt were supposed to be the golden boys of their generation, these are the player that you expect to help carry the team, and they have basically been passengers since they left Ajax. Sancho was supposed to have the quality be a guaranteed hit, however throw him into such a mess, and he looks like a mess.

2 Likes

It’s a start but 300k in wages, with that you’ve got to hope he produces. Otherwise you’ve stuck yourself with another CM who does nothing and costs a lot.

3 Likes

It’s not just that though. Word is Ronaldo isn’t happy and wants out but they won’t let him leave. Guys like De Jong won’t be happy playing on Thursday nights again next season, and I can’t see them breaking back into the top 4 at this point, with as shite a defense as they have and a poor all round GK.

If they finish outside of the CL places again this season, you’ll see the likes of De Jong, Sancho, Varane push for moves elsewhere.

United should have been signing the players ArabCastle is signing.

who’s that?

Got a sneaking feeling that they may be relegation fodder next season…!
This Tic-Tac Ten might just be worse than Ole Gobshite…
If they start to struggle and plummet near the bottom… pressure to perform will become unbearable for them

That’s interesting, I’ve already seen two stories this weekend about them trying to offload him

1 Like

Sort of sums him up I guess…

3 Likes

He should be encouraged to do a more in-depth look into the sewers of his former employers, that is something I would watch. He might as well milk it while he can.

Been lying very low lately, but I’m still 200 posts ahead of everyone itt.

I dunno if that says more about me or you lazy cunts.

Whatever it says…the prospects for a great 22-23 season in here are looking very tasty indeed.

2 Likes

Grafters as opposed to grifters.
(In reply to @Flobs )

Thanks, so noone special. I’m not following anything transfer related just waiting for our leans. :smiley:

9 Likes

What if we make a 20mil offer for Martial and they accept thinking they are ripping us off and then he comes to us and Klopp makes him into a world class star with us? Will that totally meltdown redcafe?

Ok I am joking. Or maybe not.

Ha Ha Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes