The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Sounds like a leaflet campaign to me

monty python GIF

Anthony Martial is one of those players that seems to have aged ten years over a three year period.

At the start of last season, before his loan move, he came on as a sub, and I was wondering who that guy was as he looked like he was 35.

1 Like
1 Like

New signing

3 Likes

Saw this somewhere:

Ten Hag: I want Antony ! I don’t care if it takes 70mil!
Manure management: Ok consider it done!

Next week: Man U signs Anthony Martial to new 5 year contract worth 70mil.

2 Likes

I bet Ed Woodward is watching this from afar with a nice glass of something chilled.

Nah. We are past that stage where we need to look on potential and what if.

And definitely not people like rashford or martial , they have definite talent… But 2 years of continued non performance and they aren’t for us

We had to take that gamble with ox (majorly with his fitness issues)… But I think we are well past that stage now

A bankrupt club who def need to sell that player fleecing United.

De Jong at 90 to 100k wage levels would have been a decent hire for Liverpool… Not extraordinary but decent. And United are about to repeat the same mistake they’ve made with pogba

1 Like

He’s on something like 350k per week at Barca. United will have to pay those wages for some time. Arseholes.

1 Like

They will have to pay that Plus a suitable transfer fee and a huge signing on fee…

Long may united continue being united.

1 Like

Thing is they can’t afford these players to flop.

And they fill flop. No disrespect to De Jong but he hasn’t set the la liga on fire despite some very good performances in between…

1 Like

Hopefully United get burnt again with this transfer.

1 Like

I’ve been interacting with a friend of mine who is a Juventus fan and he’s said that signing de ligt at that salary is a disaster.

The same goes for VDB and probably for De Jong…

It could just be extrapolated to Ajax being fit enough for UCL opposition when the said opposition has been run ragged over the course of the season.

1 Like

And the more I see of ten Haag wanting Dutch league hires … the more I am convinced he is in over his head.

3 Likes

Feels somewhar wrong seeing Melissa talk about other clubs…

Well they are hijacking the Malacia transfer from Feyenoord to Lyon and I don’t like that at all because that’s a decent player.

2 Likes

The Keoman tenure really did a number of Barca. The disconnect between the vision the powers that be had for the team and Keoman felt he had to make that group of players play to be effective was immense. That means a disconnect between the players they landed and the players they needed. De Jong has not been successful there, but he has played in a position most directly affected by that shitfuckery and it shoiuldnt be held against him that he hasnt hit the heights expected for him. With Xavi back you’d think he’d have more of an influence, but bad starts can be difficult to overcome, even more so when people see you as most valuable as a sellable asset they can unload for good money to help dig them out of a hole. It’s not because they cannot use him, but because he strikes the best balance of being able to raise revenue from selling him and having kids in the right positions to fill the gap he leaves. If they didnt have Pedro and Gavi (both earning a fraction of wha he does) Im sure they’d still be looking to build around him

Still, there is a big difference between providing an explanation for a good player not showing it on a specific team and paying 100 million transfer and 300k a week to sign him.

1 Like