The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Mmmmmmmm it’s no longer trying because “Feyenoord confirms agreement with Manchester United”

Waiting for the deal between the player and the club.

1 Like

If United get Frenkie at the mentioned price, with the situation they’re in without CL, it’s a quality player in. No need to pretend otherwise. Proves that they can obviously still attract some important players.

But the rest (other moves, etc.) we’ll see, if their team is balanced enough next season.

3 Likes

Arrested Development voiceover:

“It wasn’t.”

3 Likes

At this rate I think it would be cheaper for the Glazers to buy Ajax off as a club and then give the players to Ten Haag

2 Likes

Actually, buying Ajax and keeping Ten Haag there would have been better value for money.

1 Like

Yeah, buy Ajax and rename it as Manjaxter United…still ManU or ManUre in short.
As for the sh*t original, call it The Club formerly known as ManU and let it slide to the lower leagues.

How long do you think the Glazers will keep them for? I hope it’s long term.

Fans only riot when we turn up so I assume they are happy with a once a season protest.

The oddest thing in saying all that is they’ve spent far more than us, suppose it shows if you aren’t set up well nothing is guaranteed.

1 Like

The biggest problem United have - and they clearly haven’t learned their lesson - is that they continue to buy players with the wrong personality. Pogba and Ronaldo are the quintessential examples but the club is full of them.

United are capable of putting a solid run together and winning games. There can be no denying that. I’m sure there will be some that disagree but their position the season before last reflects this.

The problem is that when things get a little tough, those personalities are exposed and everything quickly turns to shit. The manager needs to not only manage the team on a game by game basis but also be continuously applying gorilla glue to hold things together and keep everyone in check. Its a fucking ridiculous situation and they just then try to solve the problem by buying a new expensive toy with the same personality problems. If I put ability aside for one second, I don’t think I could name a United player who is grounded enough to fit into our squad.

So I agree not being set up right is the big problem. The problem isn’t necessarily the players as that is a short term problem, but that the powers that be continue to make this short term problem a long term one by repeating the same mistakes.

Fuck em.

3 Likes

As long as they continue to get their £11M dividends each year, I can’t see them selling up.

1 Like

Yeah when Penandes came out after our game and said they (us) had something to play for, I think I would have driven one of our players to the airport if they had said that.

It wasn’t even that true, CL football was a possibility

They didn’t even buy the club with their money and they still continue to take money out of the club.

They can hold on to the club for another 10 to 15 years and then sell the club for billions

They have probably been taking 10m per year out of the club for the past 15 years. Well done

This is wrong.

They reduced how much they took out due to Covid, prior to that it was more like £30m p/a!

4 Likes

They could probably have renovated old Trafford with that money. And this could easily have been us as well with H&G if they had arranged the funds to avoid losing the club.

1 Like

Just 10-15 years?

I’d be happy to see them hold onto the club for another 100-150 years

1 Like

Not just that. They can often use the club’s cashflow to take on more debt to support their businesses in the US. As long as United can generate increasing amounts of money they will probably want to keep it.

If we’re being fair, they HAVE completely overhauled their operational structure. I have no idea if any of them are fit for purpose or if it will work, but that have at least identified where its gone wrong in the Woodward era and changed course.

1 Like

Yup, like if the Titanic changed course to steer even harder towards the iceberg…

3 Likes

As long as they’re a cash cow for them. Until they start on the stadium and / or actually put a proper football management structure in place, they’re looking at lots of cash rolling in but I suspect even they understand that this will drop massively with prolonged failure. I’d imagine they have a graph on the wall somewhere in the USA of annual return vs selling price. There will be a line drawn across that graph. As and when, good-bye window fitters.

1 Like

Every year that they don’t make major updates to the stadium and training facilities, is another year of then moving backwards. They’re not a threat, no matter who they buy.

1 Like