The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Read the story of what they did to the City of Tampa and Hillsborough County over the funding of Raymond James stadium.

• Immediately threatened to move the franchise out of Florida if the city didnt build them a new stadium
  • turned down the initial city proposal for how to fund because it ate into too much of their operating revenue (on a stadium they werent fucking paying for)
  • Got a tax increase put in the ballot as a city/county referendum to cover half the cost of building it, with them putting up the other half (based on contingencies)
  • Ballot measure squeezed by and then after he local governments allocated the funds, pulled out their half of the funding and forced the city/county to meet the shortfall
  • they then struck a deal that maintenance and operating cost would be covered by tax payers while the franchise kept the operating revenue

They’re not naive enough to think you can do the same here or can operate in a stadium in a state of disrepair, but Im not sure they are fully aware of the challenges of what they’re facing.

2 Likes

They will feel that they can do the same thing in Manchester, because they’re stupid as fuck. Like when Trump thought that the US government could just default on their debts like his businesses do. Same shit.

I’d love to see them try something similar.

They own Old Trafford, so the local council will no doubt tell them to fuck right off - You own it, so if you want to upgrade/rebuild/repair it then you can fucking pay for it

Andy Burnham would laugh at that I feel.

Reports surfacing that Ronaldo has told United he wants to leave this summer…

Where have I heard this before…

1 Like

The times reporting that he wants to play in the CL.

2 Likes

I do wonder who takes him though, contracts going be high. He comes with a fee this time out.

1 Like

Chelseas new owner seems interested in wasting his money

Sky Sports reporting that Ronaldo wants to leave Man U. Wants CL football

PSG might take a punt on him if only for their sport-washing purposes. There will be a certain attraction to being able to boast having Ronaldo, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar. Also, the # of merchandise sales.

1 Like

PSG swap for Neymar

Hope he doesn’t leave! United are surely enjoying paying a big star and his mobility, how he brings the best out of those around him and all round attitude really make him perfect for a club with conference league ambitions.

1 Like

Rings a bell :thinking:

1 Like

Duck Dynasty Laugh GIF by DefyTV

2 Likes

Should have thought that before joining.

4 Likes

Would utd expect a fee for him?

I’d love to see high pressing game with Neymar and Fernandes in the side.

2 Likes

On the beeb now

1 Like