The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Why are United dancing to this twats fiddle? Their response should be ‘Thank fuck for that. We’ll call you a cab’. Getting this toxic prick off their books would be the best move they could make this summer.

1 Like

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,

dont give them idea…

5 Likes

Well Penandes can take pens so that’s half.

2 Likes

I don’t think they are. I think it is more a case of him just wanting out because he thinks it is a train wreck there. They are needing a rebuild, are yet to bring anyone in and spend most of the time telling the media stories around why they didn’t get Nunez.

1 Like

The owners are busy calculating if reduced shirt sales effects the dividends.

1 Like

It’s fair for Ronaldo. When you are coming to possibly the last serious professional season of your career , you would want to give it one last shot at the CL.

United are fucked though. But it’s rather to have Ronaldo at 24M for this year rather than buy a striker (who isn’t guaranteed to success at 70 - 80 and then factor in his wages for a season which knowing what United have paid for Sancho would be in the 300-350 ball park)

The reports I’ve read say that he is disappointed that Utd haven’t made any big moves in the market, but Utd are hoping that some big moves they hope to get over the line will appease him.

Possibly a little too football manager esque, but I’d recommend signing Ox for 50m and Nate Phillips for 50m would be a good way to show that ambition. Juventus would probably also let Pogba go for 75m so that’s three big money signings they could appease Ronaldo with…

2 Likes

What harm have they done to deserve Man Utd ?

3 Likes

I was actually half expecting that Ronaldo has a certain clause in his contract if United are without CL football, at the age he is, he can have a way out. But a player like him can engineer a move. Question is where, if it’s to stay in Europe and not (yet) make a move to MLS maybe.

1 Like

To Bayern to replace Lewandowski would appear to be a decent option.

Conversely, the absolute combustion of the fan base staring squarely at their best ever player deserting the ship would be biblical in its scale.

Another huge feather in the LFC cap (although it does spoil the window slamming shut day) is that we do our business in the first few weeks of the window having been planning for months / years. United are like a kid in a fair after walking day.

1 Like

He’s the antithesis of Lewandowski. People tend to look at him just through his goals but he’s a proper team player who improves the side, while C. Ronaldo is the type who wants the rest of the team to work for him and waves his hands in disgust if they’re not very good at it.

12 Likes

Was discussing Lewandowski on another forum and someone suggested that the nearest we ever had to him was Rush - a prolific goal scorer but that was only ever half his game.

1 Like

Isn’t it funny that as a Liverpool fan I will be devastated to see Ronny leave :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Seems like De Jong deal is officially off. Absolutely brilliantly played by Barca dicking them around for 8 weeks before pulling the plug :rofl:

4 Likes

I wonder if a cheeky fiver on Utd and Everton to be relegated might be worth a punt this season

Doubt he is welcome in America.

2 Likes