The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

They may be thinking holding onto him means his lad will remain in the academy…!

1 Like

They’d have to buy him out, and at nearly 500k per week, that’s not going to be cheap. It’s another glorious shitshow that literally anyone could have seen coming. Kudos to City/Pep for once again baiting these stupid cunts into making a bad purchase. Sanchez, Fred, Maguire, Ronaldo… I’m sure there are more, but fucking hell, that’s gotta be grim reading for any united fans.

The deluded cunts over on’t Caf are convincing themselves that Eriksen and Martinez are both world beaters, and they’re nailed on for a top 4 finish and at least on cup this season - because ETH is one of the top 3 managers in world football, apparently. Get ready for some more exciting Man U fan reaction videos this season, lads! FlyingPig might actually have a heart attack live on stream…

4 Likes

There was a post about two tweets the other day, Man U got something like 100k likes, and at the same time Ron got a few million with his shirt off exercise tweet.

He’s not one of top three managers in the PL.

You Dont Say The Big Lebowski GIF

I wonder if Erik will put on a Mancunian twang? I remember the wally with the brolly doing similar when managing over in the Dutch league.

2 Likes

As someone who developed an American twang as an unconscious result of the battles in getting people to understand me after I moved here I always found that a really unfair criticism.

1 Like

I wasn’t criticising - just wondering

1 Like

This is embarrassing for both United and Ronaldo.
They’ve even had to drag Fergie out of his retirement home to try and beg Ronaldo to stay.
No idea why United just don’t rip up his contract.
Trouble for Ronaldo is….no one seemingly wants him. Unless he has a deal lined up no one knows about then it’s all quiet on the offers front. Latest one is A Madrid but they would need to bin off Greizman first but he is on a 2 year loan from Barca so how do you sell a player that’s not yours? Barca can’t have him back as they can’t afford him and his crazy wages would mean they would have to de-register about 10 players to pay him!
If you sign Ronaldo then you are playing him every game as he won’t accept a squad role , costs a fortune in wages and you have to change the way you play to accommodate him as he isnt tracking back!

2 Likes

Any update from Alice ? @PeachesEnRegalia

So following talks, he still wants out.

CL is the priority. Heres the CL clubs that are confirmed as qualified

ENG : Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City, Tottenham
ESP : Atlético, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla
ITA : Inter, Juventus, Milan, Napoli
GER : Bayern, Dortmund, Frankfurt, Leipzig, Leverkusen
FRA : Marseille, Paris
POR : Porto, Sporting CP
NED : Ajax
BEL : Club Brugge
AUT : Salzburg
SCO : Celtic
UKR : Shakhtar Donetsk

Can’t see any other English club going for him, maybe Sevilla, but would he want it enough? No Italian club will go for him either.

It’s all lining up for a move to Sporting CP - that’s my guess - goes back to his true beginnings, gets CL…and he’d prob take a huge pay cut.

de Jong has told United he isnt interested in joining United apparently.

1 Like

Haven’t we heard this a million times already?

1 Like

He’s been telling them that since May.

But apparently they are still convinced that he will sign for them

2 Likes

would be my guess too

They should cut their ties with Ronaldo. If he wants out, let him go and save all those wages too. It will give some space for a new thing to have a chance to emerge. He scores goals, but too much goes through him, to the detriment of the team, and at his current stage of decline, it is not worth it.

It is crystal clear to every non Man Utd fan, but they struggle to see. There is probably also a financial benefit to the club, commercially, with his presence - sponsors and whatnot.

Still, cut him loose, and move on.

His likely move, which I suggested weeks ago, is to go back to Portugal for CL football on a reduced wage. He saves face as it is a homecoming, and he gets CL, even if the writing is on the wall with his declining career.

The worst Man Utd can do is loan him out now, subsidize his wage, and then get him back for a final year as an even more diminished player. Since that makes the least sense, I half expect them to go for it, as they are idiots over there!

1 Like

The fact this agent is apparently trying to parlay his desire to leave into a contract extension while doing so says it all.

1 Like

The point was made earlier - United can’t cut him loose without paying the wages to him left in his contact. He has united by the balls - this talk of a new contract and loan deal just ensures he gets paid.

As I said a couple of weeks ago - he doesn’t give a fuck about united. The fact ol Whiskey nose was hanging around Carrington yesterday further makes a mockery out of united and makes things harder for Erik.

1 Like

If he wants to leave, their leverage is to let him leave, properly. It would be a clean break as Ronaldo would be moving on, per his preference, and at that point Man Utd won’t be encumbered by his wages as he won’t be their player.

Or they keep him, and keep paying his wages as he plays for them. Which they seem to want.

The loan deal might be what happens, and then a final return to Old Trafford, but that would be a stupid move by Man Utd. It’s a huge amount of money for a diminishing player.

2 Likes

Right, but you know he won’t accept that termination. He will just agitate to be ‘treated with respect’ and allowed to leave on a loan, undermining the club regardless of whether he stays or is loaned out, and adding unwanted tension and uncertainty to Ten Haag’s debut.

My guess is a ‘compromise’ that has him staying, probably with a contract extension, that he then disavows by November demanding to leave in January to an even smaller and less-interested list of clubs still in the CL.

You love to see it.

5 Likes