The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Disagree. He’s the GOAT. Omnipotent. They definitely need to keep him and build their team around him. Let him be the coach whenever he wants also. And have a veto on all signings :+1:

5 Likes

The whole footballing world has known that his powers have been waning for some time. After the chastening experience of trying to leave for a CL club, and not having any takers (he still might go home to Portugal) it might be dawning on him that he isn’t as desirable as he always assumed.

Factor in Ten Hag, who looks to be a bit of a disciplinarian, and this is going to be a running soap opera to watch.

The limits of how much you can keep fining players will be tested, methinks. And Ronaldo won’t care, as he is loaded, but he will not come out of this tussle looking good.

Love it.

1 Like

The sensible thing for United to do would be to pay whatever it takes to get him out of the club. Sub his wages. Whatever. Acknowledge and own the mistake and move on.

They won’t do that. This is going to be glorious.

6 Likes

Tiny problem, he was their only outfield player who wasn’t dreadful last season. 20 plus goals will be difficult for them to replace. What a horrible situation for them.

Popcorn GIF by WWE

1 Like

Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

5 Likes

I know its pre-season, but it is funny to point out Utd’s only goal came from Ronaldo’s replacement, mere seconds after coming on.

2 Likes

I see that the PL is not taking many chances for United’s first game, a nice easy home game and local boy Paul Tierney is the referee. Should be a comfortable win for them.

Sad Big Brother GIF by Global TV

I actually think there are signs that Ten Hag could be much better than they’ve had since Fergie. Still shite mind, and hopefully CR7 can delay any potential progress

2 Likes

Stories now that Utd are going in hard for Tielemans. He’s not as good as Frenkie, but he’s still in the mold of what they need and a massive upgrade over what they have (ignoring Fernandes and Erikson as neither has any track record of playing deep enough to fill the role).

“we can’t sign any dutchmen, lets try for a belgian…” :rofl:

As someone who ended up drafting Fred for my fantasy team, this troubles me…

2 Likes

PSG are reportedly looking to shift a dutch midfielder who could be perfect for them. Fingers crossed that coin doesn’t drop.

United fans…such a lovely bunch

You don’t want abuse? Get off twitter. Complicated concept I acknowledge.

1 Like

The strange thing is that every time they get abused they making money.

1 Like

I assume they can blame the reason for that not happening is the fact he doesn’t join.

So these muppets have a fat chequebook and you would think some scouting capacity (albeit dodgy) and let’s just chase mainly Ajax or ex Ajax players.

Klopp left Dortmund alone despite my cries to bring Auba across at the time. Rumours of Gotze and I think only transfer related to past club was…ahem Karius at Mainz?

I still feel they have a big spend left….but whatever. Praying for a poor start, pressure on ETH, the Poser causes drama, fans revolt, panic buys and so on. May the circus continue.

4 Likes