The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I’m not buying that. I’ve listened to him a lot and he’s Utd through and through. Last night before the game he went off on a big monologue about what it meant to him to be a Utd fan the history of the club and how his Grandparents had instilled in him a love for Utd .

I stand ready to be corrected if someone has proof of it , but all I’ve heard so far are aspersions from random people on the internet.

4 Likes

Your point is very well taken, however, I am putting a hell of a lot of faith in the concept of ‘fair-minded’.

4 Likes

DT from AFTV not authoritative enough for ya?!?!?!?!

:thinking:

5 Likes

I have no idea what you just said but I liked it anyway because I think it means they’re shit. Spot on.

9 Likes

lol… who the fuck is that ?

2 Likes

HAHA

DT from Arsenal Fan TV, has his own channel, too. A real plonker.

Had a spat with Goldbridge about the whole Forrest thing. I think they solved it by some five a side game or something.

Anyways, I’m with you. I reckon he is Utd, but honestly, I don’t really care. All of this shit is hilarious. Good fun to go along with all that winning we have to deal with!!!

4 Likes

Ole successfully steers his team to the Europa League round of 32👌
Ole in!!

9 Likes

Goldbridge said his wife is going to kill him.
He promised her that next year he would start to go Ballroom dancing with her on a Thursday night.
He said it will have to get cancelled now because of Ole and the shit shit Europa league.! :laughing:

9 Likes

Just read this , which is quite illuminating ;’ Meet the Alan Partridge of Man Utd Youtube. ’ :laughing:

5 Likes

From the opening line I am pissing myself…

Mark Goldbridge is nursing a lager shandy in a pub near his Solihull home.

The worst drink known to mankind. Makes perfect sense.

8 Likes

Wherever you can, help get this intelligent man’s voice heard. If we can do our part and keep OGS in the job, hopefully United can do their part to keep Pogba at the club.

6 Likes

Cannot be true Ole has no magical powers whatsoever

3 Likes

My Uncle has been a Utd fan since the days of Duncan Edwards and his view on Ole has been interesting. His perspective is the club is broken from a footballing perspective and it cannot be fixed without some significant changes in personnel that most managers do not have the political capital to carry out. Essentially, you need to get rid of Pogba but how do you do that in a team that underperforming without there being a fan revolt over selling your best player? His view is Ole is one of the few people the fans would accept this direction from. Amusingly, all his positivity about this season has been based on it appearing like Ole was coming close to achieving this, which would put them in better shape to move forward with whomever he is replaced by.

Amusingly, it is now possible that Ole may be shafted before they can get rid of Pogba and then in typical Utd fashion they will no doubt triple down on Pogba as a reaction and sign him to a new richer contract.

8 Likes

I’m not surprised Neville has said that, I expected the players he played with to double down, but his management career is Molde and Cardiff and the latter was terrible.

He might have been able to weed out Pogba but he is still a flawed clog, he simply isn’t very good as a manager.

Anyhow I expect them to get a result at the weekend, changes nothing at the end of the day, they went to RBL needing a draw and lost. A team they smashed 5-0 and smarted in the glow of the praise about 5 or so weeks ago.

8 Likes

Having prominent United voices in the media is paying dividends - the comments from Ferdinand and Neville over the years probably keep buying Ole more time each and every time they speak. Whatever BT and Sky are paying them isn’t enough!

I particularly enjoyed Wan-Bissaka’s performance last night. 50 million, wow. Absolutely criminal deal.

14 Likes

Last night confirmed it. That defence was all at sea from the opening minutes , if you’re gonna play five at the back at least let them know what it is they are supposed to be doing. And then after going 2-0 down after 20 minutes he left it 'til half-time to do the obvious and go to a back four and get some craft in the midfield. Half an hour wasted when they desperately needed a goal.

The guy is as clueless as he looks when it comes to in-game management.

5 Likes

‘The world’s best right-back’ … that’s what some of their fans have been calling him !

They’re having a fucking laugh aren’t they ? He’s nearly as big a waste of money as Slabhead.

10 Likes

Been saying it since he came through at Palace - the guy has one skill: tackling.

A lot of people mistake being good at tackling for being good at defending.

14 Likes

That’s my thought every time I see him play.

There was a point last night where he slid in and booted the ball into the stands 50 yards back. In the exact same situation Trent or Robbo would have just got their body in front and played a simple 10 yard pass to someone else instead i.e. keep the ball. That’s the thing with all those slide tackles, 80% of the time the opposition retain possession anyway.

Often out of position, can’t defend crosses despite his height. It’s amazing that he used to be a winger, he has absolutely 0 ability on the ball.

Rashford was awful last night too, wanted to be the hero by taking potshots from all angles instead of finding his teammates. There’s a lot of seriously overrated players at that club.

5 Likes

Exactly. Tackling can be fantastic when you’re a low block team or if you’re in a big game and that first big rattle of a challenge gets everyone motivated but it is not the same as good defending. Alexander-Arnold, for all the criticism he gets from non-Liverpool fans, is a significantly better defender than Wan-Bissaka.

I remember back on TIA someone arguing for us to sign Wan-Bissaka and using the fact he started as a winger to prove that he was naturally an attacking wing back who would fit our system and was simply being held back by Hodgson and Palace.

My argument in return was that while it is true he was a winger once, if he had stayed a winger he wouldn’t be playing in the Football League. His technical ability is non-league standard.

6 Likes