The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Can tackle, but…

@Sweeting knows.

2 Likes

Maybe he will turn out to be 6.25 times better than Robbo, who knows?

And how much did Trent cost again??

9 Likes

I reckon literally everyone else are the ones laughing…

4 Likes

That’s why after 30 years of hurt made me more appreciative of our current good fortune and unlike 40 years ago when I took it for granted and expected to win every week. Keep fingers crossed with a lot of hard work we can keep winning things well at least until 2024 and see what happens after that if I am still in the land of the living. Even when I take the piss out of Manure now it is only to get my own back as I got mercilessly taunted by even some very good friends!

10 Likes

If he hovers around top four in the Prem, they might not sack him. The situation remains the same: no chance of doing anything to get near a top prize, but I want them to at least win enough games that their deluded fan base thinks that with a fair wind they could get into the reckoning.

If that keeps Ole in situ, fine.

If they get a better manager their prospects will improve. However, it needs more than that. They need their own version of Klopp and Edwards to sort out the team and the recruitment. And they need a better suit than Woodward, although one can’t help escape the feeling that he is working for the Glazer’s more than for Man Utd, if that makes sense.

4 Likes

Guys, guys, let’s be sensible, shall we!!!

When it comes to comparing wingbacks, Tsimikas and Neco should be the marker.

4 Likes

Sanitary towels ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woodward got his fingers so badly burned by Maureen and the embarrassment he had heaped onto himself personally, and that club in general, he won’t want to chance going down that road again for a long time, by removing and replacing “it won’t take us 30yrs to win another title” Ole.

Not sure Woodward really cares how the team perform, and that remains the bottom line.
As a staunch Liverpool fan, I hope the pair of them stay for the next decade…
From a footballing perspective, they never going to build a bastion of invincibility, ever.
When Ole finally takes himself, his fishing pole and his pointy hat back to Norway, I hope he reflects on what a second rate manager he is/was…

3 Likes

Come on. Pair of Thursdays. Shouldn’t tax them too much.

I do wonder if they’ve already locked Poch up, and he’s just waiting out the pandemic. Almost a no brainer because it’s hard to see what Ole’s consistent tactical plan is.

3 Likes

Probably the control he wants.

3 Likes

Same thing crossed my mind this morning; is about right odds on Poch is there sometime soon.

3 Likes

Konate already knows where his allegiances lie
3 Likes

(…)

"But apart from the football side - and more inevitable questions about Solskjaer and his ridiculously inconsistent team - there are also the financial consequences to think about.

Had United reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League, they would have earned themselves an additional 21m euros (£19.04m) in prize money alone. Reaching the same phase of the Europa League will get them 3.1m euros (£2.81m). These sums will actually be higher because of the distribution of the central market pool but that only serves to widen the gap.

Through the size of their stadium, United are suffering more than most from the continued absence of fans - currently in excess of £100m since the pandemic began - so missing out on this lucrative revenue stream hurts."

(…)

12 Likes

Had someone given me a euro every time @Zoran’s thoughts on Wan-Bissaka popped up in my mind during the game, I’d have been able to buy whole TAN a drink (and spend what’s left on a Pro Co RAT). :joy: I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t expect them to draw the game even after they went 3:0 down. Leipzig were very lucky at times, though, they made two or even three serious errors while trying to bring the ball out of defence. Man United’s goals, though… If they continue getting away with such decisions in Premier League, I’ll be extremely irritated.

Oh, and how about this for a headline:

I’m dreading to think what he’ll be saying if Tottenham get away with a win at Anfield. He absolutely loves rubbing the salt in opponent’s wounds while playing innocent.

3 Likes

Jim Beglin repeatedly called him an idiot because he “shouldn’t be making a challenge” - completely ignoring that he didn’t make a challenge and Greenwood threw himself into him.

7 Likes

As annoying as he is, he deserves this and I’ll happily let him have it.

People mocked the comment about his second place finish with them being one of his best achievements, but it’s looking less preposterous as more time goes by.

7 Likes

The absolute best part of this is Utd’s realizing that they’re stuck with Pogba because no one is willing to pay a reasonable price for him.

3 Likes

Which Raoila will have just helped that little bit more. June 2022 contract end…

2 Likes
6 Likes

I still have a feeling that Raiola will make someone pay it, he’s a savvy businessman and his contacts are high in European clubs’ hierarchies. A few days before his latest outburst, a friend and I were discussing how Juventus will inevitably raid Serie A clubs for their best talents. First name that came up? Donnarumma! It turned that his contract is expiring at the end of this season, not the one after it. So, Pogba for 80 million pounds plus Donnarumma on a free - and who know how big Raiola’s commission for these two deals?

2 Likes