The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Oh ye of little faith.

If anyone can pull that trick off, it is the grand master of transfers - Mr Edwards

2 Likes

The Ole Era can be traced to this glorious moment…

Brings a tear to my eye, to be honest.

23 Likes

8 Likes

He was the right appointment if the expectation was short term caretaker. Pleasant fella. Club man. Ah bless. Let him mind the shop until we get a proper manager in. On that sort of basis it made sense.

But then he exceeded expectations! He did really well in an interim capacity. A closer look would reveal they mostly played against poor sides, and even though I’m no Man Utd fan, if the players just barely showed up, they should have won the bulk of those fixtures anyhow.

Decent leadership would have seen it for what it was. A nice stroll in the sunshine, with no pressure on, but he was never permanent manager material.

Unfortunately Man Utd lack decent leadership, so they gave him the gig permanently. Bad mistake. He quickly sank, but they didn’t sack him, as they have been having too many managerial changes since Ferguson was there. And then OGS started to get it together a bit, which he couldn’t really fail to do, given the players at his disposal.

Since then they have had some decent wins and some shocking losses. They are inconsistent. They will never win a big prize under Ole, but they have too much about them to totally sink without a trace into the bottom half. He will keep them hovering around with a chance of top four so they might stay hopeful, but a big decision is needed sooner rather than later.

It is obvious to everyone that they need their own version of Klopp and Edwards. A world class manager who can set up and build a team with an identity. And then have all the levels below it singing to the same tune. And world class recruitment to go with it.

It is easy to say, but very hard to do! I hope they spend many more years in the relative wilderness.

8 Likes

Basically this under “show me football punditry in Britain”

7 Likes

I wouldn’t give 50p for him, even if he was the last available centre half on the planet.

2 Likes

To be honest If Ole gets the boot I think United should go balls deep with Ferdinand as manager.

He clearly knows his stuff.

17 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Like a boss!!!

6 Likes

His beard would simply embolden their defence.

4 Likes

The grin right at the end gets me every time!

3 Likes

The quote I love most was something on these lines, “Solskjaer immediately set about breaking records. Firstly for winning games then for losing them”

The changed trajectory almost perfectly coincided with his permanent appointment.

4 Likes

Oh dear!

8 Likes

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Oh dear

3 Likes

Steve Bruce could step in

3 Likes

Sort of a “Brucey Bonus”, if you will…

5 Likes

Good game, good game…

4 Likes

I’m the leader of the Devils
We’re here to challenge at Europa levels
And over here, they’re always skiving
Okay forwards, start your diving!

7 Likes

Lower than a 4…

3 Likes

Not bad for thirty seconds’ work, I’d say. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

I’m still hoping for Ferdinand. Purely from an entertainment value point of view

3 Likes