The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Fucking putting Armagnac in a tart is fucking blasphemy! Sacrelege! …
Special occassion tipple my arse best tipple in the world more like to be drunk in excess when ever a bottle is offered. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Even a normal Eau de vie just does not go in cooking except some crappy brandy’s of course (you need something on your xmas pud and for flambees).
Not that I drink anymore, just saying.
Best eau de vie i have guzzled is Chateau de la Nerthe, Chateauneuf du pape (just promoting my ‘region’).

5 Likes

Well, considering that squad wasn’t anywhere as strong as Man United’s current one… I could do with them dropping more points, I still can’t believe they managed to pull off those wins against Brighton and Southampton, while the officials employed the best software out there to prove that Mane and Salah were offside against Everton and Brighton, while deciding that Son was not a couple of nights ago.

1 Like

This post has surpassed the highest expectations.

Grade: A+

7 Likes

Mate, they’re shite. They’ve taken advantage of weak opposition to rack up a semi-respectable points total at this stage of the league, but in reality, they’re nowhere near us. Their defense is complete shit, and is going to get found out more often than not in the league. Their midfield is inconsistent, and their forwards are far too streaky to challenge for honors.

To top it all off, they have a manager that is completely out of his depth, and a gormless twat in Woodward pulling the strings. Calm yourself, la…

7 Likes

Oh dear. A steady hand is needed by some.
It’s always the same.
The expectations for the season thread changes weekly. I’ve read ‘I’ ll be happy to fighting for 4th place’ in there recently.
Manure have a spattering of good players, I think Klopp could’ve made an excellent team out of them. But their ‘form’ has nothing to do with OGS aka gollum. They play on the break, relying on a couple of fast forwards and a peno from the ref.
OGS is an Arteta with a better team.
They’ll be too inconsistent. Just good enough sometimes and just bad enough in equal measures.

3 Likes

Ref, Var, Sky and PL actively trying to make us drop points. Not to mention our injury list. So, we are fighting in a boxing match with one hand tied behind our back.

Every game manu gets a free penalty and most 50-50 go their way. So they are playing a 2 on 1 handicap match against every opponent.

Yet they are behind us. Shows clearly how piss poor they are.

6 Likes

I see your problem :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You are reading the posts on TAN and taking them seriously.
This whole site was started purely for Bluemooners and Redcafers to read and get wound up by.

6 Likes

Nothing a few fresh fruit and veg wouldn’t fix. :innocent:

2 Likes

Looners.

They’re called Bluelooners.

:roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Our team had genuine first 11 quality and no European football, we didn’t need much of a squad. This United side, Chelsea too, lack the world class talent up front that our 13/14 side did or that our current side (or even Tottenham or City) possess. That’s why I refuse to think either club are serious contenders even in a season like this.

4 Likes

As a ManUtd fan from 1996, I can only agree with those ones who see no progress in the game of the club since Ferguson’s retirement. Every year we have high expectations of the season and yet here we are again - back to the drawing board with League of Europe and some mediocre performance. Ole is not the Chosen one, for sure. They would have done a better job to take Ancelotti.

16 Likes

A United fan? Quick, someone grab the feathers, I’ve got the tar. We can do the drawing and quartering later after we’ve humilia… I mean, had some fun with him.

Just kidding, mate. We’re not the Loon so I’m sure you will get a decent enough welcome.

10 Likes

In the last 11 years of the forum, have seen 1 Newcastle fan. But I think that’s about it. So doubt the there will be any kind of welcome.

1 Like

Yea, just found this community really engaged. And the forum user experience is really slick tbh. Cheers to the moderators. P.S. No welcome series needed :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Hear hear…

@red_neck welcome to TAN, some good eggs on here.

That said, you’re a braver man than I.

12 Likes

We gotta know though, dude…

Where do you stand on Mark Goldbridge?

And are you Ole out? (Whoops…just saw your first comment…haha)

2 Likes

Has @Alright_Now hacked your account?

2 Likes

MG is surely a unique character to say it mildly. But I am not overemotional on this issue. His opinion is his whether he expresses it genuinely or just vents a fan to attract attention within the community of MU or Liverpool fans. Overall, do not give a sodding f…k :slight_smile: I am more interested in seeing the old MU at Old Trafford when every team was scared to come by rather than to waste my limited breathes on some “human-curiosity”.

5 Likes

Not for the first time…

3 Likes

Fair enough.

He is universally loved here…comedic genius.

4 Likes