The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

ManU play at Goodison in the League Cup on Wednesday night and then have the Saturday early kick off away against Leicester who don’t play in midweek.

Leicester are real useless if they can’t get at least a point. Can’t see ManU win this tbh.

4 Likes

This!

4 Likes

That’s how I see it, thing is we’ve now seen at least five teams mentioned as genuine challengers, Everton have moved back into the frame but Chelsea now sit 9 behind, Man City 8 behind (GIH) Spurs now 6 behind, Everton are still 5 behind.

Our home form has been brilliant our away form very average however Man Utd’s home form has been bad (just 8pts) which oddly enough doesn’t seem to have massively impacted the form table for them.

Secondary our away form comes with caveats, 2 games where arguably the three points were robbed and having played Chelsea, Man City and Everton.

Who knows if Man Utd are back but I do feel a bad result is around the corner for most teams, their Xmas schedule isn’t the easiest.

4 Likes

Also another thing our injury crisis has now been peaking for almost 4 months currently Palace and WBA are the only two who sit close to us on that, but it has been other teams throughout this season, it’s another table we’ve been consistently around the top.

Hopefully the following period helps a bit as it’s a far better schedule than we’ve had up to this point in terms of rest time also those European teams were all probably helped this week as they are used to 2 games in a short space of time.

Only Spurs who played Leicester who are also in Europe and Arsenal who are just crap seemed to not benefit.

3 Likes

They’re back. They’re so back.

Micah says so.

Then again, Micah has said some of the stupidest things I have ever seen a pundit say…I am so Natalie Imbruglia’ed…that is, torn…

7 Likes

Umm, stop the count???

3 Likes

Umm, “Martial” law?

4 Likes

You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

3 Likes

Wait a minute did he include that table, yes they’ve improved position but every time they’ve fallen further behind the team at the top.

1 Like

Just relax. It’s still early doors. Anyway does it matter if they finish 2nd or 6th? I don’t see a vision. A plan. They have some very good footballers but that won’t be enough.

3 Likes

He did. It was the centrepiece of his argument.

2 Likes

Problem i see is that they currently seem to concede first and that snsps them into action.

That cant carry on.

2 Likes

They are the very definition of a one-man team. Without Bruno they look completely lost. Fair fucks to them for finally making a good signing since 2010, but if he gets injured/suspended, they’re buggered.

3 Likes

Hmmm…

1 Like

Does he not recognize we’ve played fewer games this year than is normal by Christmas? What effect does he think that has on how a big a gap at the top can be.

United lose their first game of the season - “Well, it’s progress, we were 20 points back at christmas last year.”

3 Likes

Have you seen him pundit??

He really no good.

2 Likes

That was already agreed last summer. I don’t know much about him because he never really played much for Atalanta (he apparently impressed when he did). I see he’s a 18-year old left footer who plays mainly off the right. They have a similar one in Greenwood, although between those two young ones and Rashford and Martial… some of those can or will want to play up top in the future. A lot of pace there, but lacking other qualities to compliment it.

My main doubt is about how United think him obtaining an Italian passport is going to help him with GBE (and therefore a work permit) if they need to satisfy them after 1 January 2021.

1 Like

So that young prospect, Jesse Lingard, has a contract that runs out next Summer. United are desperate to ensure he doesn’t leave for free in the summer, so they’re exercising the extension clause to give him another year.

Beggars belief that Lingard is still convincing United he is a footballer, let alone pay him £100kpw for another year.

2 Likes

Come on, he’s full of potential.

3 Likes