The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

We may write them off all we like but they are just two points behind Liverpool, virtually without any injuries. I wouldn’t be surprised if they won the title this season, they must be the luckiest side in the league.

1 Like

:rofl:

Yeah…not likely…

2 Likes

Ole out…

5 Likes

Yep getting worried now, they have zero injuries and are lucky as we were, the thought of Ole winning the league is sickening.

1 Like

Spawny deflected goal at the death. Everyone is doing poorly, and Man Utd are having the rub of the green at the moment. Top four contender, yes. Title contender? Not for me.

7 Likes

They seem to be on a bit of a roll at the moment,
Here’s hoping ole blows a load of cash in January and upsets the team balance

Well they did suggest they were 5 players away from the title.

Ref; two linesmen; fourth official and VAR ref.

Sorted.

10 Likes

This is such a blow. 2 points behind us and bought @Scott.Jones.

6 Likes

I don’t get this

Surely theyre already in the squad?

1 Like

United being second (and only two points behind us) and the assorted plaudits from the Pundits will bring the focus (and the pressure) back on them. I don’t think they have won a game that actually mattered, PSG and Leipzig come to mind.

6 Likes

I find this snippet from ESPN is comical. On the one hand, United players show the “mark of champions.” On the other, does the manager deserve any credit for them being in the title race?

from Imgflip Meme Generator
7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

When Leicester won the title - and what an incredible achievement for a fair to middling club, all the top teams were sub par and in transition for one reason or another, and they capitalized on an unusually poor showing from several others at the same time.

After that, normal service sort of resumed as at least some of the big boys got their crap together, and we have seen a new high bar established by Liverpool and, spuriously, Man City.

This season feels a bit like the season Leicester won it, inasmuch as most of the big boys can’t get their crap together for a sustained run at a high level, so it gives a plucky underdog a sniff.

Enter Man Utd!

Mind you, they still won’t do it. We will.

3 Likes

Should have been 8 at a minimum (looks down at second place :wink: )
5 Likes

Honestly, it’s absurd. I’m sure he’ll learn a lot from his “education” (English assimilation) course on racism, which essentially boils down to “don’t speak in a foreign language if you use words that sound like words that if said in English we don’t like”.

9 Likes

Didn’t warrant a ban. Still, as it’s Man Utd, I’ll give a little chuckle and hope they drop a few points.

2 Likes

Ridiculous. I know it Utd, and I know they are breathing down our necks but getting three games for that is just nonsense.

1 Like

utd will be very relieved it’s only three games as he’s their best defender.

3 Likes

Maths question…
When does 8=3?

Ans: When a Man U player gets the same punishment as a Liverpool player.

2 Likes