The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

Pink
newFile-8

1 Like

Sorry, forgot that maybe you can’t see this. Just like me with some UK clips!

But just look at the whole action of Sheffield’s winning goal if you can find it somewhere.

Those 20 seconds are literally some of the worst deep defending I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Watched it on MoTD…laughable.

Literally five blokes just stood there watching. Classic!

5 Likes

Yeah, incredible.

Sheffield got through that side 3 times.

People standing, walking, Matic and Martial with their hands behind their backs… but doing nothing.

3 Likes

You’ll be able to watch the clip by setting your VPN region to Serbia.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m in Croatia, but that’s the Balkan region I guess.

Couldn’t find a proper link which shows the whole attack! Not even Sheffield’s official YT channel shows their whole move, only the last part of the action which leads to the winning goal.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was messing around with several countries (UK, Germany, Netherlands) but none of them worked. Then I realised that I could just checked the location of the source in the “About” tab to see the poster is from Serbia.

3 Likes

Here it is.

First ‘highlights’ link, about 3:10 minues/seconds to go until the end of the clip.

1 Like

They have some good attacking talent, and this season it seems that all the breaks are going this way — a formidable combination. Overall, though, I agree that they have been mostly lucky — 10 of their 12 League wins have been pretty fortunate IMHO:

Brighton - Opponents hit the bloody woodwork 5 times!
Southampton, West Ham — derpy comebacks aided by dodgy officiating
Newcastle, Everton, Fulham - less derpy comebacks, although each featured some fortune
West Brom (H), Wolves (H), Villa (H), Burnley (A) - penalties and deflected derps

It was tempting I think for the media to ignore their bad results against Istanbul/PSG/Leipzig because they were still winning at the weekend in the PL and the idea of a United title challenge particularly after we won the League last year was a media wet dream. That said, given that the wins over Southampton and West Ham were super fortunate, I still felt that they could come unstuck against better teams, particularly with draws against us, City, Leicester, and Chelsea and losses to Spurs and Arsenal…I just didn’t expect they’d come unstuck against BOTTOM SHEFFIELD (who are 2-16-2 as we would say in America) who did not win a game until January! You absolutely love to see it.

Objectively, given their form and our shit form/injury crisis, a lot of people were thinking they might win at Anfield in the League, myself included. While Ali had to make a couple of nice saves, it wasn’t like they caused us myriad problems — would have been a bit of a smash and grab on the balance of play IMHO. And while it was disappointing to lose in the Cup on Sunday, I’ll 100% take them dropping points in the League if I had to choose.

Interesting to note that — rather than putting together a good run of 20-30 games even if they lose 1 or 2 — United under Ole seems very much a streaky team in terms of they put together long unbeaten runs and then seem to come unstuck with the first loss. Happened after the PSG game in 2019 when they lost to Arsenal; happened again last year into this year when they went 14 unbeaten to end the season and then lost at home to Palace on the opening day; and I’m hopeful this is more of the same.

6 Likes

Difference is Fabinho had a manager who knows what he is doing, Donny has a manager who is like :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The carrickfan is still there, but this Goldbridge guy is Hollywood max in comparison

3 Likes

Very funny seeing them lose.

Yes, we have plenty of problems ourselves, and part of me doesn’t want to laugh too hard because we have been struggling. But on second thoughts, you have to take your pleasure where you can find it, and yes, having checked again, Man Utd losing to Sheffield Utd is funny!

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Spain defender Sergio Ramos, 34, is ready to quit Real Madrid and is interested in a move to Manchester United. (Mirror)

There is an old saying: opposites attract.

So do cheating cunts, obviously.

9 Likes

Excellent. He’s done at the top level. Manure turning into Juve.

3 Likes

They’re at it again, scum:

2 Likes
10 Likes

And Solskjaer has told talkSPORT that he believes his side would have come away with all three points on a different day if it wasn’t for their wastefulness in front of goal.

lol…what insight!!!

‘If we’d scored a goal we would have won.’

And if that free kick had been two inches lower you’d have had no points.

This bloke is such a fucking fraud.

14 Likes

It resembles something my sports teacher told me, long ago; if you could dribble, shoot and more muscular, you could be a proper footballer.

6 Likes

The more he yaps away, the more he confirm he’s such a clueless idiot.

We have a saying in our parts of the world: “If you don’t open your mouth, nobody will say you’re dumb”. Applies to him totally.

3 Likes