The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

He has said the same three games now in recent weeks, this one, the Liverpool game and Wednesday night.

3 Likes

He’s clueless, but this season perfectly suits a regressive team like United. When an opponent is able to effectively implement tactics, United have no idea what to do. They benefit from flukey deflections and the odd moment of magic from their very highly paid players, as well as painfully obvious refereeing errors. It’s not sustainable and the league has moved on past that style, but this season means it can be effective again given the circumstances.

They won’t last the distance, but as luck would have it, United’s higher ups will be convinced that Ole is the man to put them over the top based on what they’ve been able to do this season. It’s fucking wonderful knowing that United are run by people who have no fucking idea about football or in fact sports in general.

9 Likes

As my old man always used to say to me, if my aunty had balls, she’d be my uncle

6 Likes

That’s so funny @aussielad :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just seen OGS’ comments about the decisions in their game vs Sheffield Utd. Apparently Sheffield 's goal should have been disallowed and their goal allowed. Of course OGS. Made me chuckle.

10 Likes

He also said’ his players maybe should’ve protested more’ but he’s not telling them to do that because they’re really nice boys. Then he said ‘ but I don’t want to talk about this’ .

2 Likes

Allow me to paraphrase what I said upthread:
If this idiot had just kept his trap shut, nobody would notice that he’s dumb (in both the power of speech and intelligence level senses).

1 Like

He is just the hand puppet of Old Whiskey Nose…!
No coincidence penalty awards tally is so high while he remains their overlord

2 Likes

He has no plan B or any idea to change a match, that’s the problem with average like him.

2 Likes

Ole’s a lucky boy. He’s 4-0 up at halftime and playing against 10 men and he still doesn’t take Bruno off to rest him. Imagine he gets injured and misses a few months like Jota had done. There was really no way for Soton to get anything out of this match. He’s too scared to not play him

2 Likes

They’ve got Everton next, can the ref win?

2 Likes

Meh, the 9-0 looks like a big achievement, then you read that Saints were missing 9 first team players, only had academy options, one of which three minutes into the game was sent off for a bad tackle. From there on in everything went their way, including some dodgy refereeing including another red card for saints.

Keep Ole at the wheel

3 Likes

Graft the wheel on Ole.
Or maybe implant it into him. :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s weird, cos the write ups I’ve seen make little mention of this.

2 Likes

Meh.

The last team to beat Southampton 9-0 didn’t even qualify for the Champions League.

10 Likes

They showed me in the previous two games that they aren’t all that, Arsenal in my view deserved to beat them even if Cavani missing was seen as closer than the one that hit the bar by Arsenal that had De Gea stranded.

Tonight’s an anomaly, Sheffield and Arsenal showed what the norm is, remember we beat Palace 7-0 away and they had 11 men, after that we got 3 points from 5 games.

2 Likes

Damning indictment of Saints, getting beat 9-0 in consecutive seasons. That said, obviously a red card after 77 seconds helps.

2 Likes

Also, look at Southampton’s team last night. About half of their starting XI was missing (1-2 debutants in there?) and then also look at the bench. Was always going to be a long night for them after the immediate red card.

1 Like

2 red cards with so many players missing kind of excuses them last night, last season was still more of an achievement for Leicester.

3 Likes

I’ll be surprised if OGS mentions the match delegates opinion/report on decisions made in the game vs Southampton.