The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

In my view, Solskjaer isn’t as generally douchey as Mourinho or Big Sam or whoever else. That said, the level of delusion with which he operates is stunning: saying that he thought the Fernandes pen vs. Villa last year was legit; claiming that they “made us nervy” when losing 2-0 at Anfield last year; and countless other questionable calls/situations where he tries to make the case that the outcome should be clear (when it isn’t). Of course, PR statements and interviews are usually just bullshit, but he seems to actually believe the crap he spews. Bless his heart (but not really).

Oh yeah this one definitely has more caveats to it, and if I’m not mistaken they had a player sent off against Leicester last year. I watched that game live while on a plane — jetBlue ftw — and it was whack. I was just more generally saying it’s not a good look for So’ton.

Interestingly enough, they beat Leicester in the return fixture at the King Power last year. Moreover, before their injury situation became clear and the red card killed the game, I was hoping they could cause United real problems, particularly at OT (amazing how shit they are at home). C’est la vie.

EDIT: Turns out that in the 2019 game Bertrand was sent off after 12 minutes (and already 1-0 down) vs. 77 seconds yesterday. I guess they are somewhat analogous. Too bad Bruno missed an opportunity to pad his stats…just one penalty out of 9 goals. Pathetic.

So who plays CB for them on the weekend given Slabhead is banned?

He has played every minute since he arrived pretty much…

2 Likes

Banned? Who?

I thought I read Slabhead Maguire is unavailable Satdee against Everton.

He got his fifth yellow last night.

1 Like

It’s 5 yellow cards until matchday 19.

After matchday 19 won’t get banned until their 10th yellow.

2 Likes

Stupid BBC live chat!!!

2 Likes

Today our thoughts are with Manchester United and all those affected by the Munich air disaster.

On the anniversary of the tragedy, we pause for remembrance. Gone but never forgotten. #FlowersOfManchester

18 Likes

Indeed a sad day for football in general and Manchester in particular.

3 Likes

One of the greatest of football tragedies. Hope the families have found peace.

1 Like

woody harrelson crying GIF

1 Like

So basically this confirms what we already knew, he is a whining cunt!!!

2 Likes

Bit harsh calling him whining :wink:

2 Likes

If he’s not whining tonight, I don’t know what whining is. In fact he sounds much like a bitter to me. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes
9 Likes

You know what’s this is all about? Sticky Toffee pudding… :smirk:

2 Likes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Even my wife laughed at that one!!!

3 Likes

She did crack it in the end, but…

I was watching it with my son on my knee when he started screaming FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF, FUCK OFF!!!

:rofl:

4 Likes

Why are their fans allowed into the ground.

12 Likes

If you haven’t yet, watch the vid above from the 11:00min mark.

A grown man begging VAR to intervene.

hahahahahaha

3 Likes