The Manchester United Thread: That's It. That's the Joke (Part 1)

I think there are a few teams in false positions this season.

8 Likes

Nice blow today. Credit to Rodgers, who flipped the formation lately again to accommodate Iheanacho (better in a front 2 than on his own). EL is now their only chance for a trophy this season, which they haven’t seen in 4 years.

2 Likes

7 Likes

“Won the League in January.” :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Screenshot (2764)
https://epaper.tnp.sg/jr/jrpc.php?date=2021-03-23&page=1&ed=1

Hopefully not.
Long may Ole be at his eternally turning wheel.

3 Likes

:rofl:

How crappy journalism can be.

Didn’t they just offer him an extension.

Yeah wasn’t he getting an extension on Friday.

2 Likes

You can take the boy out of United…

3 Likes

Embarrassing. They won. He should keep his mouth shut.

McTominay was already booked. Should have seen a second yellow for it.

He’s winding up Mourinho, so he can’t be all bad.

Big step up from nearly man to winning the biggest trophies though. He will remain a nearly man, and hopefully they give him a long term, lucrative deal.

That disallowed goal is exactly what VAR naysayers had in mind when they warning about the negative effect it would have in the game.

Wow, he’s talking as if Fernandez, Rashford and co don’t play for his side? Manutd and anyone associated with them should be the last people to preach the world about diving and cheating. I hope the media asks him the next time a United player goes down like he’s shot whether they were fed that night or not.

Also, Son’s reaction was way over the top. These elements seriously need to be put out of the game, not sure why a retrospective ban is not given to him. It was a slight touch on his face and he was down for 5 odd minutes like some major injury. Classic Barca/ Madrid antics there.

4 Likes

It wasn’t a foul on Son, his reaction was pathetic, he went down as if he’d just been punched by Mike Tyson. I’m sick of the modern day players feigning injury and getting away with it. Cavani’s goal should never have been disallowed.
Having said that, there’s a slight smell of hypocrisy in the air. Ole needs to put his own house in order, when it comes to players diving and rolling around on the floor. Fernandes, Martial, Rashford and Fred. Shall I go on?

3 Likes

If Lazar Markovic was a straight red this one was at least a foul (could even be a second yellow for McTominay).

Scott touched Sons face (or maybe even his eye). No reason why his hands should be up there - he is running not swimming ffs.

Hand in face = Foul.

I can understand why Son goes down but the rest is embarrassing.

1 Like

I disagree, the way Son goes down and stays down was embarrassing. There is nothing wrong with mentioning that.

2 Likes

Looked like a foul to me. McTominay definitely flicks out with his hand. But yeah, Son’s reaction is pathetic.

I’ve seen under tens shake off contact worse than that.

1 Like

You don’t get the sort of consistency that makes anyone happy by making sure terrible decisions are replicated in other games.

You also dont get good decisions by applying absolute criteria like “hand in face=foul” even when it is entirely incidental, a result of hand fighting the spurs player initiated and can only be deemed dangerous if you buy Son’s pathetic gamesmanship as being a legit response…

1 Like

Both those teams have those types of players, maybe they learn from each other. Man U players have admitted to practicing diving, kettle/pot scenario.

I’m sure Ole’s remarks have added to the social media racist outbursts towards Son.

1 Like

Read somewhere that Ed Woodward used to work for … JP Morgan

Utd made history this week the first team ever to be in the champions league, Europa league and the super league in the same season.

6 Likes