The Minor Leagues

1 Like

Sporting, who are captained by former Liverpool and Sunderland defender Sebastian Coates, went top of the table at the start of November and have remained there ever since.

:heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

The Uruguayan Nat Phillips.

1 Like

A bit more talented than Nat. :smiley:

2 Likes

Last season’s champion Istanbul Basaksehir finished 12th :rofl:

1 Like

It’s derby day in Copenhagen. Midtjylland were just held to a 1-1 draw by Randers, meaning a derby win sees Brøndby go top of the league with only two games to go. Big game now.

1 Like

Holland are having a play off for a spot in the European conference league :rofl:

1 Like

Final day here in Denmark. Brøndby play Nordsjælland, whilst Midtjylland host Aarhus. Brøndby haven’t won the league since '05, but they start the day with a one point lead.

A good friend of mine and lifelong Brøndby supporter took his own life late last year, so I’m hoping they’ll do it for him, and a few of us will get together to take the newspapers to his grave and have a few celebratory beers.

Aldrig alene! :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

1 Like

Shit; sorry to hear that.

Hope that Brondby do it for him. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

That is just sad. May his soul find peace. May his dear ones find strength.

2 Likes

Brondby missed a hat full but scored just before half time, glorious to hear an excited crowd after the year we’ve just had to be fair

1 Like

Thanks, lads. Tillykke, Brøndby! Aldrig alene! :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Celebration Reaction GIF

1 Like

We don’t have a thread for Conference League???

Already qualified: Aberdeen, Hibernian, Vitesse Arnhem, Basel, AEK Athens, Rubin Kazan, BATE Borisov, Rosenborg, Pacos Ferreira, Trabzonspor, Kolos Kovalivka, Santa Clara, Sochi, Mechelen, Sivasspor, Wolfsberger, Aarhus, Vorskla Poltava, Feyenoord, Jablonec, Slovacko, AEL Limassol, Apollon Limassol, Anorthosis Famagusta, Servette, Aris Thessaloniki, PAOK, Partizan, Vojvodina, Cukaricki, Osijek, Gorica, IF Elfsborg, BK Hacken, Molde, Valerenga, Maccabi Tel Aviv, FC Ashdod, Shakhter Karagandy, Tobol, Astana, BATE Borisov, Torpedo-BelAZ Zhodino, Qarabag, Sumgayit (we are all free to choose), Lokomotiv Plovdiv, CSKA Sofia, Arda, FCSB, Universitatea Craiova, Pogon Szczecin, Rakow Czestochowa, Dunajska Streda, Inter Yermum.

Sochi is a great place to go in December.

Santa Clara sounds like a LA suburb :slight_smile:

Imagine that

Oh we’ve got Santa Clara they are Portuguese then you realise they play in the Azores.

Genuinely think the Conference League is interesting. Fewer teams from big leagues, more opportunities for poorer and overlooked countries to have late runs in European competition.

Could actually prove to be quite important for these smaller nations to develop

3 Likes

My major/only complaint about EL/ECL is whether the income (prize money etc.) is justifiable with the expenses (travel etc.). I often wonder if these tournaments are a drain on the participating clubs without any tangible and foreseeable benefits. Most/all of the participating clubs have a miniscule budget and got little/no room for error.

I really enjoyed the Cup Winners’ Cup and I enjoy the Europa League too. In fact, it’s Champions League that seems like a bit dour to me in recent years.

Most of the EL/ECL clubs are too small to provide enough excitements on their own barring few upsets. The major teams either have their eyes on bigger prizes or on decline and fail to provide enough substances to the competitions.

I think if there’s more money in these competitions, they will be more exciting.

I don’t mind it, not sure why it’s all squeezed on to a Thursday mind with the Europa.

Would probably be more beneficial if it was a knock out tournament. Make it somewhat different from the other two.

In the Uruguayan Primera Division, there is a team also called Liverpool FC (however, team kit is black and dark blue vertical strips). They smacked Cerro Largo 3-0 today.

2 Likes

I started watching and Liverpool scored the 3rd goal. They made use of the full width, strong midfield. Got some good skills, and someone smashed a 35 yard screamer, too bad that it hit the crossbar.

2 Likes