The Owners - FSG

Its pretty normal for the account publication to take a while.

2 Likes
4 Likes

I follow this guy and he seems to know his stuff. This was the most interesting bit:

Finally, it should be noted the club is on course to achieve a record-breaking year for revenue; 21/22 should rake in at least Ā£550m. This should enable the club to have the largest kitty for transfer activity this summer since 2018.

Ā£550 million turnover without cheating. Wowzers.

11 Likes

Mbappe incomingā€¦

Itā€™s almost as if weā€™re being run by very smart people that know what theyā€™re doing.

Could have spent the loans we took out in a time of great uncertainty and whilst other revenue streams were impacted. Instead, chose to be cautious and not bet tomorrow on yesterday like other clubs have. It means we have both a squad that is challenging on all fronts and whatā€™s expected to be a chunky transfer kitty at the point at which weā€™re likely in need of some significant refreshes up front and in midfield.

5 Likes

So whatā€™s this?

Weā€™ve broken even during a pandemic when other clubs have had a torrid time, and weā€™ve exercised caution in the market, but still ended up with a squad the envy of every other team in Europe?

Not a good day for the #FSGOUT lads.

12 Likes

This is a little bit of ā€œall he does is score goalsā€ sort of reservation. Klopp is enormous shoes to fill, but what weā€™re saying about the owners is that had a vision for how the football side would work and found the people to fill the roles and have hit the target. That is all they can do. Lets remember that Klopp seems a slam dunk now, but there were reservations among sections of the fans (he was a busted flush whose game plan had been found out) around his appointment with many people favoring other candidates.

3 Likes

I liked both Ancelotti and Klopp but favoured Carlo. Dumb fuck.

4 Likes

Some strange takes. Financial year comes out that shows we werenā€™t in the financial shit. The year Klopp went on record saying heā€™d asked for players and had had to accept it wasnā€™t possible because it wasnā€™t up to him but he understood the situation. We then qualify for CL securing best part of Ā£100 million in revenues by 3 points and better goal difference. Leicester picking up 3 points out of their last 12 Chelsea 6 out of their last 12. Out of the last 12 points on offer before that Chelsea picked up 10 and Leicester 7. How those two clubs did was completely out of our hands but we only made CL because they both collapsed. No I for one do not feel silly for criticising FSG decision making during that financial year.

2 Likes

I Liked Klopp the person, but was concerned football had tactically moved past what he built his team to combat so I doubted how succesful he could be here. I favoured Carloā€™s more flexible approach.

Im Smart Dream Corp Llc GIF by Adult Swim

3 Likes

Klopp was my ride-or-die and my biggest fear was that Arsenal would do the smart thing and try and get him to succeed Wenger before we could rid ourselves of Rodgers.

So Excited Reaction GIF

2 Likes

At least you are honest lol

Looks like it is more good news. Held our own during pandemic, finished third, added Konate, added Diaz, and as we look to the summer it looks like we have a decent kitty there if we need it.

We are a very well run club and FSG deserve credit for that.

Doesnā€™t mean they are beyond criticism, and doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t made mistakes. But as things stand I canā€™t think of another owner Iā€™d rather have.

We look like competing for the biggest prizes for a while to come, and the only thing preventing an era of real dominance are the artificially inflated clubs, especially Man City. Even then we are in there fighting toe to toe.

2 Likes

Agreed on this @Limiescouse.

I posted 12-18 months ago that Iā€™ve never seen an active and still employed manager so ā€˜eulogizedā€™, if you like, than Jurgen Klopp. Itā€™s a strange one for me. These cyclical waves of ā€œhow will we possibly carry on when heā€™s goneā€ sentiment are always odd for me to read. For a variety of reasons.

Heā€™s still here, still hungry, still ambitious, still growing players, and Iā€™m quite sure he still has goals he wants to achieve at Liverpool. We all love and adore him but thereā€™s still room for growth and I doubt heā€™s leaving anytime soon. And if I were a betting man Iā€™d say he will extend his deal.

It will be many years down the road but when heā€™s ready to leave Iā€™m also sure FSG will have a well thought out succession plan in place.

7 Likes

I wanted Klopp,right or wrong,he came across,well before we got him,as a manager who the lads would want to play for.
Players who had played under him,in a lot of cases swore by him,convinced me.
Must admit to a shaky moment when he reacted to there is no money,so be it,but that didnā€™t even turn out to be a hiccup!
He can stay here as long as he want for mine,he knows just what he wants and gets it.

In the weeks that preceded his appointment, I remember people on TIA discussing whether he or Ancelotti should get the job. We almost unanimously felt the surprise and encouragement that after a really difficult 2014/15, club found itself in the position where they could choose between two magnificent managers rather than repeating Martinez-Rodgers scenario.

That said, I honestly donā€™t remember people being against Klopp on the basis of him being found out. I remember being completely convinced that Man United would sign him instead of Moyes and after Moyes had been sacked, though. :slight_smile:

Credit to FSG for choosing wisely, though. He fit their model of developing players, rather than buying ones who are more experienced (and more expensive). We are seeing that with Conte and Tottenham at the moment, what kind of friction it can create. Will they be able to identify a successful successor to Klopp, who will have a similar attitude and ability to turn players into top class, while winning trophies, consistently participating in CL elimination stages, while not having resources that are anywhere near Man Cityā€™s and Chelseaā€™s? Iā€™m not convinced it can happen but I certainly hope it will.

2 Likes

Or, we made the CL because we picked up 26 points from our last 10 games largely using the players we had in the squad anyway.

Entirely justifying the decision to bring in a short term CB solution so we could move for the CB we wanted in the summer and then being in a position to bring forward a deal for a long term target when it looked like we might lose them.

Itā€™s almost as if they have a longer term vision and donā€™t just work season to season.

11 Likes

The only strange take is yours, a dig at FSG when we are competing on 4 fronts and proven to be being run very financially responsible. So yes feel very silly indeed.

7 Likes

Yeah, there were one or two. Perhaps more prevelent on other social media but TIA definitely had them.

Was never against Klopp, but certainly favored Ancelotti, and thereā€™s no shame in that based on his CV and history of working with genuine world class talents.

Though I knew from Kloppā€™s first interview that we had made the right choice.

1 Like