The Owners - FSG

Sure, sure. You make some good points. Oligarchs. Oppressive regimes. We’re lucky, I get it.

But why didn’t the club get Klopp Konaté at least 6 months sooner? Stop deflecting.

[Am I doing it right?]

3 Likes

China have a red flag…

1 Like

Worked so well for PSG, god I’m envious.

1 Like

I know this one, it’s because they put up the ticket prices and work is progressing slowly on the AR stand due to them building a huge war-chest.

1 Like

Sadly this should go way beyond football, the West has taken money from anywhere for favours for so so long, it’s knee deep in it it can’t get out.

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/tb4244/athletic_understands_legal_signoffs_to_include/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Hopefully a wide range of fan opinions not just, well, SOS.

1 Like

Jesse Pinkman Reaction GIF by Breaking Bad

1 Like

Bizarre thread.

Bit like my sock drawer to be honest.

Logs on and sees over 100 new posts in this thread.

Reads thread and sees discussion has not advanced even 1 inch.

Logs out promising himself to never read this thread again (fucking lies)

2 Likes

I’m not sure what any investment would do here, given that they have stopped broadcasting due to the support for the Ukraine.

It would likely put potential investors off, and if it were the state itself that would be imo very unlikely. Look at the reactions to the NBA and think about the ramifications of that, if the state were to be actively involved.

1 Like

Club would have been a bit silly to do anything else but yeah good anyhow.

5 Likes

Good to know that all the club’s costs have remained static to facilitate this. Mo isn’t having a new contract, we’re now flying to foreign games on Easyjet via Amsterdam and all nigh-time games will be played in the dark. That should do it.

1 Like

Well they could realise a rise on the day a budget/spring statement says we are living in the worst cost of living crisis since the 1950s

So business has to maintain pricing (despite huge cost increases)??? Wait for the outcry when Mo leaves and we don’t sign Mark Van Goalsalot.

Plays in the Dutch league, so must be rubbish.

1 Like

Well they didn’t have any revenue last year.

If the club thinks it’s manageable then so be it.

You go and argue on a day like today that it’s good to raise ticket prices so be it, see how much support it has.

I’ll leave the running of the club to those who know how to do so, FSG seem to have a pretty good track record at that.

Just out of interest, how do we pay for the massive fixed costs rises we’re looking at right now? Let me give you a very simple example. We’ve faced 30% product cost increases and pushing 40% fuel increases. How can we possibly keep our prices the same? Club’s the same, huge cost increases. We’ll just have to cut the squad and biscuits to compensate.

Make hospitality prices even more extortionate than they are already. That’s what the club have been doing last few years. Frozen prices for the season ticket holders/members and hiked them up for the daytrippers/corporates. That’s where the big money is. Seems to have worked well as a strategy.

5 Likes

Yep, I’ve noticed this. More than doubled in the last 5 years.