The Owners - FSG

I guess we’re fleecing them pretty well then…

1 Like

£200mil + over 4 seasons is over £50mil per season, better than Utd. Only Real/Barca (I discount the ffp cheats) have a bigger one. Nice deal.

7 Likes

Glad we didn’t go down a cryptocurrency angle or something even worse like NFT company. I know they are financial services company but they look neat on the shirt and the logo is even pleasant to look at and don’t sound utterly naff.

I only knew Experia as it’s on the replica I bought last season.

6 Likes

I believe that a lot of this is written off in some kind of tax loophole. Or it used to be from what I recall. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Is it Expedia or Experian?

That was in relation to SC.

The shoulder is Expedia, I’ve just looked at my top.

1 Like

WOW

1 Like

The people themselves still have all their money is what I take from that article - they’re just folding the group (RedBall), and the main investor still got a chunk of LFC via RedBird.

7 Likes

SPAC’s are created with a specific time frame for investment of the raised funds. If they cannot find a deal for the money to be spent on then the fund is timed to automatically dissolve and the funds returned to the investors. I don’t know how common it is, but it’s an in built specification within their creation.

5 Likes

Another window where we make more money than we spend, Klopp is a Genius. Still no @AnfieldRdDreamer ??

Lots of stories we have no money for players surely this can’t be true, we have sold players to finance the Nunez deal, so where is all the money going, lesser clubs spending far more money and Utd throwing hundreds of millions around and winning fuck all.

4 Likes

Its all relative. The club can finance the signing of a player as long as that signing is the one we want and we have space in the squad to accommodate them.

2 Likes

It’s obvious how we do deals nowadays, Klopp has spelt it out.

If someone on our list came available and a deal could be made then we will do it. Diaz is a case in point.

1 Like

So what happens if none of our midfield target become available for a couple of seasons.

We don’t buy anyone I assume, but the list is probably 3-5 which tells you where they saw Nunes.

Touchameni came out of nowhere, I don’t think anyone has a clue who we are interested in. Darwin Nunez was relatively quick, only the medical dragged it.

1 Like

This historic moment is a step change between the club and fans. It is a legally-binding commitment from Liverpool FC to structure strategic engagement with supporters, strengthen dialogue and increase fan involvement in decision-making processes, all of which is integral in future-proofing the club.

5 Likes

It’s a good step. Having a voice on match day experience, ticketing arrangements, that sort of thing, is important.

Beyond that, I’m intrigued as to what “two heritage items” might mean.

I also take it as a good sign that the club is going to give them an orientation and then make them sign an agreement, presumably that includes non disclosure stuff. It means that the fan group will be privy to some proper stuff, not just powder puff peripheral things of no real consequence.

2 Likes

Why no traffic last night?

I’m not being deliberately obtuse as this is way out of my depth but… If club’s finances have improved as much as Swiss Rambles says, then how come Man United always spend obscene amounts of money on transfers and wages, while there’s a narrative that our club has to live within its means, sell to buy and all that, at least post-COVID?

4 Likes