The Owners - FSG

I suppose he could have. Could he? Really?

Nah. Not having it.

1 Like

I think the players had a mare, I canā€™t see Klopp setting a team up like that. I assume Keita withdrawal was very late, Milner is never that far up the field.

1 Like

not as impressive as John though, swimming in his room filled with coins

scrooge mcduck 80s GIF

1 Like

Then how do you explain zero midfielders doing as theyā€™re told? You know, being in the middle of the field?

Itā€™s already confusing enough that you have to work out if quoted tranfer fees are in Ā£s or ā‚¬s. Imagine having to convert them into dubloons or pieces of eight? :thinking::nerd_face:

2 Likes

Is that you Alex?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the way Iā€™d dive towards Linda tbf.

Yes mate, hope youā€™re wellā€¦ you invited me to TIA 10 years ago? :slight_smile:

Whereā€™s the gold from your swimming pool, John?

1 Like

Given how the pre-match talk about KeĆÆta was him and Elliott playing well together in training, Iā€™m guessing the withdrawal happened on the day itself.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if I can even complain, but our owner is a venture capitalist out to earn money on Liverpool, and obviously not a dictatorial state. Thatā€™s good I guess. The problem is that quite a few clubs in the Premier League are owned by people or organisations/states with looser purses.

What I am trying to say is, that I donā€™t think Klopp can just buy who and what he wants when he wants, and it shows when our squad is strained by injures like now. I donā€™t think he can just spend 70 mil on a player, he needs to balance the books much more than that. John Henry will not just let him spend his way out of thisā€¦
Itā€™s just reality for us.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s fine, then sell the likes of Ox and Keita and use that to get someone who can stay healthy and consistent at this level

Who to though? Who wants to buy them? I do think the money is available but this is it I think Klopp is as stubborn on this as FSG.

1 Like

If there had been bids, I think theyā€™d be gone already.

Kloppā€™s comments this even on the matter are quite forthrite. He said we didnā€™t need a midfielder. He was wrong. We will sign a midfielder.

1 Like

Yeah, interesting (and highly welcome) comment from him today. Klopp admitted a mistake and basically said we would now buy one. It will be intriguing to see who we can get this late in the window. Got to admit, I thought it was a money issue. Anyway, exciting days ahead !

1 Like

Although I think everyone has just stuck another Ā£10m on their prices. I wonder if something is already done.

5 Likes

I think it already has,it would be unusual for Klopp to make such a statement if it hadn`t.

Just don`t let it be Pogba FFS.

1 Like

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:

Can you imagine if we got Pogba and we turned him into the player heā€™s always threatened to become?

1 Like

The positive of Kloppā€™s comments is that whichever midfielder we do end up approaching (or have already approached), they know they are the ā€˜right oneā€™ and not just us scrambling around for someone to fill a hole.

3 Likes