The Owners - FSG

Have we signed Laimer yet :thinking:

I mean just the amount of money theyā€™ve blown on fullbacks :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Itā€™s only 9:30 AM, we got another 12 hours :star_struck:

I think youā€™ll be waiting til at least 12am in June 2023 for this.

He is certainly from what Iā€™ve read be a good cut price option if we can see out Munich and if we are all in for Bellingham then itā€™s a really good option for us.

1 Like

Pfff, by this point on my FM22 save I would have signed 12 new players, with 15 sales lined up. What the fuck are Klopp and Ward doing with their time?

:rofl:

:beer:

I used to relax and let the clock run down and then suddenly launch a 40m raid at 7pm.

Nah, I prefer the scattergun approach.

Shitloads of offers going to any and every club for any player possible. And then spend the next 3-4 years having to sell to cover past transfer deals

Is your approach successful, my 7pm offer to a Leimar type usually wins.

Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

The risk is because I tend to offer low up front fees with heavy future guaranteed payments, it can mean having very little budget in future windows, so you need to be prepared for either having a very settled squad for several years, or selling a huge number and picking up free signings.

Tends to work better in lower league as you can target Prem and Championship youth (or upto around 22/23) players that get released, but will still be generally better players that what most LL academies prodruce.

For Prem clubs, it can be risky as your relying on getting into Europe each season else youā€™ll be forced to sell to raise any funds you want.

1 Like

You play with Chelsea donā€™t you?

Not quiet.

I tend to start with Vanerama South teams, then build them to get promoted to L2, then look to move to either a more established L2 or L1 team and repeat.

1 Like

Disclaimer in case it was missed - I was merely imitating the imbeciles on twatter.

Iā€™m disappointed as anyone we havenā€™t won more. Was more disappointed in the final as I expected we would win that last year anyhow next one is ours.

6 Likes

We didnā€™t get the rub of the green in the last two finals against Real Madrid. The one where Ramos gave Karius a concussion, and ripped Moā€™s arm off like an angry Chewbacca.

And then this last one, where I genuinely thought we would win, but all the do or die games to go for the league title sort of caught up with us at the last second, and we ran out of steam. Even then, we were the better team but Ancelotti turned the mighty Real Madrid into the most cagey of catennacio sides, and they got us on the break.

Were it not for the emergence of artificially inflated sides, aided by the inability of those in authority to properly hold them to account, Iā€™m sure under Klopp we would have 2-3 more Prem titles, and probably another CL title.

The record books wonā€™t say that, but thatā€™s my take on it.

After a bumpy start to this season, Iā€™m sure we will go again. Two wins on the bounce, in vastly different circumstances, has put some wind in our sails.

11 Likes

I think itā€™s fair to say that this transfer window was not FSGā€™s finest hour, for whatever reason.

Next summer will be very interesting.

Wonder which players will be sold to fund our top targets.

Based on what?

Retained the best forward in the League - Signed (Salah)
Backup fullback to Trent - Signed (Ramsay)
Potation worldclass attacking midfielder to add to the mix - Signed (Carvalho)
Replacement for Mane leaving - Signed (Diaz in Jan)
Replacement for Firmino declining - Signed (Nunez)
Rotation left midfielder who is similar to Thiago - Signed (Arthur)

Pretty good window Iā€™d say, Iā€™d have prefered to have sold Oxlade and Keita and replaced with a robust promising midfielder like Kone or Caicedo (who I didnā€™t know existed till 3 weeks ago), but thatā€™s not a simple task.

12 Likes

Last years was atrocious, one player and yet.

And yes you can say oh another CM would have got us over the line but so would have going out of two cups in the 3rd round but the fun was chasing all 4.

Also without it I think we would have been looking for a few more players, Kelleher would have pushed for a move for one.

That run post Christmas was nothing but spectacular. The club could sign two CM and completely block Elliott and Carvalho out two players who potentially could reach a very high ceiling and one at least utterly committed to the club since childhood.

Iā€™m fine with the business FSG did but the numbers in CM are the same and itā€™s easy to predict they would all be injured but on past study the same could be said for the defence and yet Gomez only ever played as Right back.

5 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone will be. I am certain Keita will leave now and wonā€™t be given a new contract. Milner and Ox will go and we will probably bring in a 6/8 (Caceido, Fernandez) and it looks like Bellingham might also join. Transfer fees have never really been an issue for us. Wages have but if we feel a player is worth it we will pay for them.

Bobby is the interesting one. Lot of chat a few weeks ago about giving Jota, Elliott, Gomez and Keita new contracts but nothing about Firmino. Klopp loves him but we might also let him leave and bring in another forward depending on how we decide to play gong forward.