The Owners - FSG

You do know the mess we find ourselves in, right?

The pressure is all on 1 man to change that…how is that fair when he doesn’t get the backing this club or his credentials merits?

Not rocket science as far as I’m concerned, spend like the big club we are…the manager and fans are happy…the club can carry on it’s success, what owner doesn’t want that?

Klopp didn’t want signings. The owners therefore didn’t provide money for the signings Klopp never wanted. Not everyone sees the inner workings of the club structure in their tea leaves like you do. The evidence is that Klopp himself has stated many times he hasn’t wanted signings. There is no evidence that suggests otherwise.

We are not Chelsea where the owners make signings off their own accord and expect the manager to try to work with players they never asked for. I would never, ever, want that at our club.

4 Likes

I wonder if we had a huge clear out in the summer and signed half a dozen 100m€+ players who were now injured, would that be FSG’s fault as well?

1 Like

Do tell me mate - because I don’t see a mess to be honest with you.

1 Like

As much as I wanted a new midfielder, I think you’re barking up the wrong tree here. If Klopp wasn’t happy with his backing he’s not going to spend all summer telling everyone he’s happy with his options and then come out and admit he’s wrong because the owners have given him £4m to loan someone in.

If we’d got Tchouameni, I can’t really see us not having got Nunez too. Given Mane leaving, Firmino’s contract being up in a years time and the commitment we’ve made to him we must really like him and weren’t okay with waiting to see if he’d be around next year. All points to the money being there but the inclination to pursue an alternative to Tchouameni wasn’t.

1 Like

You think he was going to sign a world class CM on his own black Amex? I think Klopp’s much more politically savy than some give him credit for. As I’ve posted before, would be a strange manager who turned down new world class signings. Part of his job is obviously to support all aspects of its conduct. Would be a strange employment contract that stipulated you were free to criticise the owners at any point you saw fit.

Im a bit on the fence with our owners, its a business to them but I would like to see a bit more spent on players, Klopp can’t come out and say he wants x amount of money but cant have it because it would turn the fans on the owners, he has dropped a few hints recently.
But we are far from in crisis a win tonight will give us all a massive boost and our players are not going to be injured all season well not them all. :wink:

2 wins from 7 is a bit messy, no?

Players dropping like flies yet again, bit messy no?

Thankfully ref gave extra few mins at Newcastle otherwise would’ve been 1 win.

So the concern is if it’s not a mess you’re seeing, what the fuck are you seeing?

But that’s not the case is it. He didn’t turn down the chance to sign Tchouameni did he? And nor was he going to buy him on his own Amex card. You think FSG signed off on that potential deal to be pursued and then when it didn’t happen they closed the chequebook and told him he’d have to wait a year?

There’s a difference between criticising your boss and publicly taking the blame for them. He came out and said he was happy numerous times and then said he was wrong when the injuries piled up. You think he does that and loses face based on them sanctioning a £4m loan signing?

If he wasn’t getting what he wanted he could be less equivocal in public and have got his message across without directly criticising them. And if even if he did chuck a grenade at them, do you think they’re going to sack him for voicing one frustration at not getting the player he felt he needed?

2 Likes

Against Newcastle the ref played to the rules, my mates son is a Newcastle fan and had no problem with the referee.

1 Like

Neither did I but what I’m saying is ref could’ve easily decided to have blown up a minute earlier and no one would’ve complained.

I don’t know, do you? If so, how? Not for one second do I believe that Klopp was happy with his midfield regardless of what he said. Our conduct at the end of the window made United look organised. That is demonstrably NOT the way we operate under Klopp’s management. Almost every player we sign comes in early for the all important pre-season. We had injuries so had to blink but I go back to the very simple point that every team, every single one would accept a world class player with open arms.

Klopp’s happy with our midfield? The manager who’s done shatteringly amazing things for us due to his genuinely glorious personality, his amazing motivational powers and his obviously razor sharp footballing brain? Nope, not having it.

Are you just trying to be a troll now?

1 Like

If the ref had blown up a minute earlier that would have made a difference to the quality of our team? Or what the flying fairy fuck is your point here?

1 Like

FSG are shit?

It’s not ideal, but looking at the bigger picture, everything still to play for. We are 6 points from 1st in the league, 5 from City - we’ve closed a significantly larger gap on more than one occasion under Klopp. There are 32 games to go. I think its also worth considering the opponents we’ve faced so far. Both United and Everton away our hardest fixtures of the season in terms of the historic rivalries we have with them. Newcastle are in form and on the up - we got the win that we deserved and another hard fixture out of the way. Fuham away - any newly promoted team can cause that kind of upset - we were shit - but again it happens. Palace - meh

In the CL, it was the first game of the group, away, against a very good opponent (the hardest in our group imo). Win our three home games and we likely qualify.

Again, not ideal, but Klopp was happy with his options (which has been said to you a number of times now). We all think that more could of been done, but it’s not happened - but that’s not an indication of FSG not supporting Klopp - that’s just a blinkered view, giving little consideration to a number of variables.

This has been covered off already - has nothing to do with anything.

I’m seeing a culmination of poor form/lethargy/mental fatigue from the season before, exasperated by the mini injury crisis. For me, we are a bit off total panic stations just yet.

Of course, you can panic all you want (we are allowed do what we please), but you are just going with the same line again and again like a broken record, seemingly without giving any real consideration to what a number of different posters are saying.

1 Like

Have you still not found that ignore button yet Joe?

There’s no point asking what my point is if you don’t want to read the posts that preceded now is there WeeBoy.

The problem I have with this line of thinking is that Klopp in pressers doesn’t gently bat away questions about signings. He actually gets agitated by the press that ask him those sorts of questions. Not just this year but generally every summer. I can remember many summer window press conferences where he mentioned its an ‘English problem’ being obsessed with signings. The anger shows to me that constant signings, and constant talk of signings, goes against his fundamental beliefs.

It’s been mentioned many times by others but to repeat, Klopp’s philosophy is a double-edged sword. He gets a lot out of his players and has success because he has faith that the tightly-knit squad will perform and stay fit. But that same faith is what gives him a bit of a blind spot in terms of the make-up of his squad. Could we have acted on Ox much earlier after his serious injury to get some value back and make extra room in the midfield list? As good as he is, was it smart adding one more injury-prone midfielder in Thiago to the list and was there a better alternative, even if he was an opportunity signing? Should we have been looking to bring in a CB prior to Virg’s serious injury? He likes…or maybe is used to…a small squad and that has its positives and negatives.

4 Likes

In other words, a mess.

You don’t really need to break it down for us Rupz. We get what you’re trying to say, albeit in the politest way possible.

Funny, you keep breaking it down for everyone and repeating yourself, but you feel there’s no need for anyone to come back to you on it. Not quite how debate and conversation works.

Thanks - I always try to remain polite.

1 Like